We are currently looking for an Assistant Investigator to join our global team of Shell Internal Audit and Investigations (SIAI).
In Shell Internal Audit and Investigations (SIAI) we work with all businesses in all parts of the world. We aim to deliver independent, courageous and actionable insights from our audits and investigations and support learning and improvement at all levels of Shell. By doing so, we support sustainable delivery of Shell’s strategic goals: being a World Class Investment Case, upholding a strong Societal License to Operate and Thriving in the Energy Transition.
The Shell Global Helpline and SIAI’s integrity investigations unit is a cornerstone of Shell's ethical culture, providing a trusted safe space for the raising of concerns and a dedicated team investigations team on potential Code of Conduct violations, which is relied upon respected and supported by leadership and Board level.
- Assist Lead Investigators with investigation Planning activities, including:
- Preparation of investigation Terms of Reference.
- Obtaining additional information on allegations.
- Creation of investigation approach, strategy and planning.
- Preliminary investigation enquiries and drafting Notes to File.
- Creating an evidence repository for every investigation
- Assist Lead Investigators with the Execution of investigations, including:
- Identifying and retrieving sources of evidence including: HR records, Travel and Expense records, Ethics & Compliance records, ERP/Financial records, Contracting and Procurement records.
- Forensic IT: Perform searches of electronic data using Forensic search tools (e.g. FTK) to identify red flags for Lead Investigator review. Forensic imaging of assets (laptops, phones, devices). Preparing reports out based on findings.
- Data Analysis: Review output from SIAI Data Analytics experts to identify red flags for Lead Investigator review.
- Undertaking advanced due diligence screening/background checks using public domain data (e.g. corporate records searches etc).
- Interviews: assist with the interviewing of witnesses/subjects.
- Providing periodic status updates to stakeholders.
- Preparation of Investigation Report for Lead Investigator write-up.
- Assist Lead Investigators with investigation Reporting activities, including:
- Undertaking Report Quality Control Reviews according to a checklist.
- Coordinating closeout meetings with stakeholders.
- Prepare investigation summaries to support learnings from incidents.
- Updating and completing information in BID’s case management systems (CMS and Global Helpline) throughout the investigation and on closing.
- Educated to degree level, preferably in a relevant discipline such as Finance, Legal, Criminology, IT Forensics.
- High degree of integrity and reliability
- Strong people skills to be highly credible in dealing with whistleblowers and witnesses
- Strong collaboration and stakeholder management skills
- Excellent data analysis skills and persistence combined with objectivity, balance and excellent judgment
- Courage in handling challenging situations and in assessing ethical and moral dilemmas
- Fluent in English, including high quality writing skills
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date. Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world. The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand. Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.