Accountant (9 month FTC)
Informa is a leading international events, intelligence and scholarly research group.
We’re the specialist’s specialist. Through hundreds of powerful brands, we work with businesses and professionals in specialist markets, providing the connections, intelligence and opportunities that help customers grow, do business, make breakthroughs and take better informed decisions.
Informa is listed on London Stock Exchange and a member of FTSE 100, with over 11,000 colleagues working in more than 30 countries.
Informa’s divisions include:
Informa Connect, a specialist in content-driven events and digital communities that allow professionals to meet, connect, learn and share knowledge.
Informa Intelligence, providing digital intelligence and data-based products, consultancy and research services that help businesses in specialist markets make better informed decisions, spot opportunities and gain competitive edge.
Informa Markets, creating platforms for international markets to trade, innovate and grow. Through over 500 leading brands, our exhibitions, specialist digital content and data solutions allow customers operating in specialist markets to meet and trade, and for their businesses and markets to thrive.
Informa Tech, a division bringing specialism in technology. We aim to inspire the global technology community to design, build and run a better digital world through research, media, training and events that inform, educate and connect businesses and professionals working in technology.
Taylor & Francis, specialist in scholarly research and in helping academic and research communities make new breakthroughs. We commission, curate, produce and publish scholarly research and reference-led content in specialist subject areas, helping to advance research and enabling knowledge to be discovered and shared.
Global Support is Informa's sixth division, with major hubs in the United Kingdom, United States, Hong Kong and Singapore as well as several smaller locations. As the team behind the teams, Global Support colleagues provide shared, efficient business services and function-specific expertise to each of Informa's operating divisions, enabling our commercial teams to focus on their markets and customers.
The Accountant is expected to assume the following key responsibilities plus any other reasonable duties as required:
- Prepare, reconcile and analyse the monthly management reports; Profit & Loss and Balance Sheet. Details include; reconciliations, accruals, allocations, revenue downloads, pre-payments, variance analysis, commentary
- Financial Analysis
- Perform Balance sheet reconciliations
- Financial Reporting and Analysis including, budget/forecasting, working capital, Group Finance reporting, supplementary packs and ad-hoc requests
- Publish financial results in SAP FC
- Ensure communications are handled between the SSC, Group finance and the Business Teams
- To be involved with any acquisition integration/due diligence
- Working on projects within the SSC and department including key process testing & systems
- Assist in the accounting integration of new products into the SSC accounting structure and systems
- Analyse and solve Adhoc problems using knowledge of business and systems
- Perform WIP analysis, product costing, provisions (i.e. stock)
- Process intercompany transactions
- Review bad debt, accruals and prepayment calculations
- Treasury postings and reconciliations
- Tax & Compliance duties as required by your SSC
Qualifications & Experience
- Strong academic background, Accounting degree preferable
- Holding one of the following qualifications ACA, ACCA or CIMA
- Good working knowledge and understanding of SSC processes and how these fit into the wider environment
- Good understanding of all R2R processes including best practice in R2R, people, processes and technology
- Ability to manage owe deadline and priorities, whilst delivering a high standard of work and supporting junior members when they require assistance
- Evidence of making decisions at the right time based on the information available
Alongside a competitive salary, Informa also offers the following employee benefits:
- Season ticket loan & Cycle2work
- Money purchased pension scheme & life assurance
- Eye care and childcare vouchers
- 25 days annual holiday, increasing to 27 days after 2 years, plus an extra day off for your birthday and another for raising money for charity!
- Bonus leave for getting married and moving house
- Our Learning team supports year-round development, with face-to-face training, mentoring and access to LinkedIn Learning
- Informa's colleague Share Incentive Plan matches every share purchased with 2 free shares
- Informa offers a £250 Healthy Lifestyle subsidy to spend on fitness activities and classes
- You are given permission to take 4 days off per year to volunteer with an approved scheme
We know that sometimes the 'perfect candidate' doesn't exist, and that people can be put off applying for a job if they don't fit all the requirements. If you're excited about working for us and have most of the skills or experience we're looking for, please go ahead and apply. You could be just what we need! We believe strongly in the value of diversity and creating supportive, inclusive environments where our colleagues can succeed.
As such, Informa is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, ancestry, national origin, religion, or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, citizenship, or other protected characteristics under local law.