Client Services Manager, Assistant Vice President
We are looking for an experienced Client Service Manager who is committed and passionate about creating a highly regarded team that adds value to our clients operations and organisation. The successful candidate will join our Client Services Team reporting directly to the COO within State Street Global Services South East Asia and will be leading a team to manage a number of key strategic clients. The Client Services Team is responsible for excellent service delivery and solutions to our asset owners asset managers and official institutional clients covering a range of services including custody fund accounting middle office collateral management transfer agency and analytics.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- The following aspects of this role are indicative only and in no way limits the organisation in allocating additional and or alternative accountabilities (specific tasks projects or related activities) to the employee within the scope of the employee’s level of competence experience knowledge and qualification.
Client Service (Internal/External) [20%]
- Adopt a pro-active role in establishing State Street as a key component for client success through:
- Establishing and maintaining client relationships including client communication report and service delivery process management and strategy development
- Understanding client needs/strategies and deliver innovative solutions
- Building trusting relationships with internal stakeholders and clients
- Promoting a collaborative cross-business and jurisdiction environment that ensures excellent client service
- Consulting with internal and external stakeholders to develop solutions
- Responsiveness and appropriate updates and communication with all stakeholders
- Updating clients with product development regulatory changes and State Street initiatives
Process Management and Execution [20%]
- Strengthen governance and accountability to ensure effective management and execution of services whilst minimising risk.
- Ensure strong governance structure is in place with the appropriate establishment of engagement and reporting framework (i.e. regularity of meetings issue logs and documentation)
- Ensure appropriate escalation of issues and risks with proposed resolutions/mitigation
- Co-ordinate across departments to implement and deliver on client commitments
- Ensure effective implementation of new products and/or operational change
- Contribute to management reporting including key performance and risk indicators
- Adherence and compliance to State Street’s policies and controls; risk program; relevant laws and regulatory requirements
Financial Performance and Management [20%]
- Achieve financial commitments and optimise productivity through proactive risk management monitoring expense control and innovative solutions to deliver value to our clients and the business.
- Effective prioritisation and time management across various initiatives and service delivery
- Ensure cost/benefit analysis are presented and well understood
- Look to increasing client revenue streams and on passing development costs where appropriate
- Increase efficiencies and reduce direct costs where possible
- Support sales and product initiatives
- Strengthen our foundation and enhance our culture so that we can continue to exceed the expectations of our constituents.
- Guide coach and mentor staff to achieve the team’s vision and strategy
- Look to continuously grow and retain talent in the team and organisation ensuring diversity and bench strength
- Positively engage with and influence the business and clients to ensure optimal outcome and solutions
- Foster an environment that supports effective teamwork across the organisation
- Build commitment in others for corporate and client objectives
Business Product and Operational Solution and Consulting [10%]
- Define review recommend and document business processes and software requirements for technology initiatives operating model designs new products and services and any other client or organizational initiatives.
- Collect review and analyse information to make sound recommendations in meeting client or organisational needs
- Identify and analyse opportunities to improve processes/and or reduce risk areas in order to assist in meeting client or organisational needs
- Consider broader organisational product offering leverage of existing products and ensure cost effective and optimal solutions balancing tactical vs. strategic in responding to client issues
- Production of project documentation as required (initiation scope business and IT requirements change request project plans test plans closure dashboards risk and issues log etc)
Personal Development [10%]
- Actively commit to developing yourself and others to drive the competitive advantage achieved through a diverse engaged and mobile workforce.
- Keeping abreast of related developments in the industry and providing advice to management and relevant parties
- Maintaining knowledge of internal system and operational developments
- Maintaining knowledge of client’s product operational and strategic developments
- Sharing new information with the team broader business and management
Experience Qualifications Skills and Abilities
- Strong leadership and management experience in running a client service team
- Deep understanding of financial products and funds management industry
- Experience in helping clients solve business and operational problems
- Excellent client service and management experience
- Excellent presentation skills
- Strong business level communication skills both written and verbal including report writing skills
- Strong time management and prioritisation skills
- Confident in making decisions autonomously and taking initiative
- Strong project management skills and experience
- Proven track record for delivering results as part of a dynamic team structure
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Strong understanding of State Street’s products services technology/system and operational environment
- Change management experience
- Experience working closely with a product team in building out new products and services
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.