Finance – Future Leaders Programme, Poland, 2022
Exciting minds with our Future Leaders Programme – Finance
Education required: degree in Economics, Finance, Accountancy as a preference, or Business
Language requirement: Must be advanced in Business English
- If required, associates will need to relocate and travel internationally (Europe) as well as domestically for the role.
- It is a programme requirement to complete the globally recognized CIMA (Chartered Institute of Management Accountants) Professional Qualification within 3 years of starting the programme (qualification funded by GSK). At the moment, we do not offer other qualifications during the programme.
Application deadline: We recommend you apply as soon as possible, so we can invite you to the next stage of the recruitment process which is online test.
In this role you will have the possibility to be a part of New GSK or Consumer Healthcare company. At shortlisting stage we will ask you which path is preferred by you, however please note we are not able to guarantee that if successful, you will start with chosen company.
Uniting science, talent, and technology to get ahead of disease together
At GSK, we have already delivered unprecedented change over the past four years, improving R&D, becoming a leader in Consumer Healthcare, strengthening our leadership, and transforming our commercial execution. Now, we’re making the most significant changes we’ve made to our business in over 20 years. We’re on track to separate and create two new companies in 2022: New GSK with a leading portfolio of vaccines and specialty medicines as well as R&D based on immune system and genetics science; and a new world-leading consumer healthcare company of loved and trusted brands.
With new ambition comes new purpose. For New GSK, this is to unite science, talent, and technology to get ahead of disease together – all with the clear ambition of delivering human health impact; stronger and more sustainable shareholder returns; and as a new GSK where outstanding people thrive.
Getting ahead means preventing disease as well as treating it. How we do all this is through our people and our culture. A culture that is ambitious for patients – so we deliver what matters better and faster; accountable for impact – with clear ownership of goals and support to succeed; and where we do the right thing. So, if you’re ready to improve the lives of billions, join us at this exciting moment in our journey. Join our challenge to get Ahead Together.
Why Consumer Healthcare?
In Consumer Healthcare, we are on an incredible journey as we prepare to create a new, standalone, world leading company with a 100% single-minded focus on everyday health. We are doing this at a time when the work we do has never mattered more. With the COVID pandemic, people are increasingly looking for ways to manage their own health and wellbeing and to take care of their families. This is where we come in. With category leading brands such as Sensodyne, Voltaren and Centrum, built on trusted science and human understanding, and combined with our passion, knowledge and expertise, we are uniquely placed to deliver better everyday health to millions of people around the world and grow a strong, successful business. This is an opportunity to be part of something special.
We’re looking for Future Leaders in Finance
Are you a self-motivated, adaptable graduate with an interest in finance? Finance supports everything we do here at GSK and, if you join us, you’ll use numbers to make a difference. We offer an independent viewpoint, driving decision-making and strategy across our organisation. We also maximise profitability by managing cost, cash and return on investment.
This is your opportunity to be part of a team that prides itself on delivering excellence. You’ll be a trusted advisor to our peers and colleagues, driving continuous innovation and improvement – and enjoy a challenging and varied career, with numerous opportunities.
Develop your leadership potential on our Future Leaders Programme
If you’re a graduate with the talent and ambition to lead others, we’ll help you develop the expertise to become one of our Future Leaders.
Three rotations over three years to challenge and stretch yourself
- You will build solid foundation during the first and second year of the programme at our GSK Finance Hub – Europe located in Poland.
- During your first year, you will acquire control and accounting experience - embed core technical finance and systems knowledge you need to move forward.
- The focus of your second year will be on analysis, insights and planning to drive the best performance for GSK. You will be providing support to the commercial business units and leadership teams with the preparation of finance plans.
- In your third year of the programme, you have an opportunity to further yourself either in Business Finance Partnering or Strategic or Corporate Finance.
- Wherever you are, you will build upon your technical knowledge and gain new business knowledge and stakeholder management. It is up to you to give robust, insightful analysis that helps the department achieve their objectives.
- As well as honing your expertise, you’ll gain valuable leadership training through a combination of mentoring, classroom sessions and on-the-job training.
What will you do?
You will support stakeholders both within and outside of finance function in reporting, planning and forecasting process, and communicate financial performance and recommendations effectively. In addition, you will identify value adding opportunities to improve organizational performance
Tailored training – and great career progression
We’ll tailor your training and development to suit your talents and ambition, as well as our business needs, setting you up for success in your chosen niche. After you complete our Future Leaders programme, you’ll have the skills to become a senior finance professional.
You’ll typically move into a middle management role within two years of the Future Leaders Programme. And that’s just the start. There’s no typical route to career progression at our organisation – you might be in any department from R&D to manufacturing or audit. Plus, there’s no limit to how far you can go with us – it’s up to you to prove yourself.
You’ll be excited by the thought of:
- using your finance knowledge to drive business decisions that will add value to the patients to be able to do more, feel better and live longer
- an opportunity to achieve an internationally recognised professional qualification (CIMA) while practicing learned knowledge in your daily work
- honing your finance skills and ability to tailor your development interventions.
- working in a multicultural environment in a leading global healthcare organisation
- inspiring a team to achieve unprecedented success
- to be a talented, ambitious graduate or a student with an interest in finance
- to be self-motivated and proactive with a questioning, analytical mind
- advanced numeracy, accuracy and excellent attention to detail.
- excellent communication skills
- the ability to multitask and perform under pressure
- to be skilled at building strong relationships with stakeholders
- to be adaptable and cope with change
- to be eligible to work in the country you’re applying for
- written and spoken fluency in your native language and English
- Sponsored CIMA professional qualification (to be completed within 3 years)
- Company culture based on values: Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity.
- Attractive reward package (annual bonus & awards for outstanding performance, recognition awards for additional achievements and engagement, holiday benefit)
- Flexible working solutions: work from home 8 days per month, short Fridays option
- Personalized learning approach (mentoring, online trainings’ platforms: Pluralsight, Business Skills, Harvard Manage Mentor, Skillsoft and external trainings)
- Extensive support of work life balance & well-being activities
- Life insurance and pension plan
- Private medical package with additional preventive healthcare services for employees and their eligible
- Sports cards (Multisport)
Watch a video to get to grips with our recruitment process
Watch our video above and find hints and tips on our website.
You’ll be asked for your personal information and why you want to work for us. We recommend you apply as soon as possible, because we accept ongoing applications and offer positions on a first come, first served basis.
We have changed the way we recruit in light of the COVID-19 pandemic, you can learn more about how our practices have adapted here.
We’re 100% open to all talent
We’re 100% open to all talent – whatever your gender, marital status, religion, age, colour, race, sexual orientation, nationality or disability. We want to recruit the right people for GSK from the widest possible backgrounds, so we can better serve the diversity of our patients and consumers. And also because it’s the right thing to do.
You can learn more about Inclusion and diversity at GSK here.
Need help with your application?
Please email us at EMEA.firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know how we can help you. Or email us your number and we’ll call you back. We’ll make all reasonable modifications to support you throughout the recruitment process and we’ll treat all information you give us in confidence. Please get in touch to help us process your application as soon as possible.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.