Trade Administration, Senior Associate
Basic Purpose of Job:
The individual is responsible for all operational duties for a set of portfolios within an investment strategy. Required to work with internal and external groups to ensure accurate and timely settlement of trades/ ensuring correctness of Accounting data on each portfolio.Responsibilities & Tasks Include:
- Intersystem reconciliation of trades and resolution of breaks between Front Office / Middle Office and Back Office Systems
- Confirm trades with brokers on Trade Date
- Instruct trades to Custodian/Administrator/Client
- Communicate all settlement information to the appropriate custodian, and broker.
- Resolve any unmatched / failed trades
- Resolve any trade related queries with both internal and external parties
- Ensure accurate portfolio positions are reflected on the accounting/trading systems
- Maintain a database of account, client and custodian details
- Know and comply with company policies and procedures
- Monitor broker/custodian performance through the use of issue logs
- Respond to queries raised by Portfolio Managers/Brokers/Custodians/other Investment Operations departments
- Respond to ad hoc requests
- Work with other Investment Operations departments and Investment teams to improve processing efficiency
- Review current process and make suggestion to improve processing efficiency
- Complete projects as assigned
Education and Experience
- MBA finance / B.com as an educational qualification.
- Knowledge of investment management and/or accounting.
- 2 plus years’ Trade management experience on related investments is an added advantage. Total experience 3 years and above.
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and possess strong problem solving and resolution skills.
- Good understanding of financial services and investment products.
- Strong attention to detail and a focus on service.
- Strong PC skills, specifically Excel skills (Intermediate)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to prioritize multiple responsibilities to meet internal and industry deadlines.
- Strong problem resolution skills
- Ability to work well in a fast paced, high volume atmosphere