At Kerry we are guided by our purpose - helping customers make better food, in a better way for a better future. We inspire food by helping create better tasting, more authentic and nutritious food and beverages.
Kerry employees are problem solvers. We seek innovative ideas to drive business growth and create new opportunities to nourish the planet's growing population through responsible, sustainable, and ethical practices.
Our expertise and offerings now include the customisation and production of ingredients, flavours and technologies across the food, beverage, and pharmaceutical industry.
All day, every day, we draw on our values of commitment, teamwork, excellence, entrepreneurship, and value creation as we partner with other industry leaders to bring better food, beverage, and pharma products to consumers around the world.
About the role
This is an excellent opportunity for an ACA Qualified Accountant to join the Group Financial Reporting Team in Ireland and develop and progress within the world's leading taste and nutrition company. This role reports into the Group Financial Reporting Manager.
Kerry operates a Hybrid working policy, the successful candidate will need to be based near Tralee, Co. Kerry as this role will require time in the office each week.
The Financial Accountant is responsible for the accurate and timely production of consolidated financial information for the Group, ensuring consistency of reporting across all regions.
- Responsible for individual aspects of the half and full year externally reported financial statements and provides support for the Interim and Preliminary Results
- Involvement in projects/tasks as required within the Group Financial Reporting Department including acquisition accounting, disposal accounting, intangible assets management, group reorganisations, statistical reporting, process improvement etc.
- Co-ordinates the delivery of the Ireland & UK legal entity financial statements in a timely and accurate manner
- Interprets new accounting standards, prepares impact assessments and owns the implementation thereof on behalf of the Group
- Perform ad hoc reviews on accounting and reporting matters to ensure consistency across all regions and compliance with Group standards and policies
- Work with other Group Teams on accounting matters including FP&A, Tax, Treasury, M&A and Pensions
- Acts as primary source of advice for Financial Accounting and Reporting queries
- Develops and maintains the Group's Financial Accounting and Reporting Policies in accordance with IFRS.
- Qualified Accountant, (ACA preferred), preferably with some PQE gained in industry
- Experienced in the preparation and/or audit of complex, multi-currency, consolidated management and financial information for a listed group
- Excellent understanding of IFRS reporting requirements
- Delivery focused with an ability to work to tight deadlines
- Strong MS Excel skills
- Knowledge of SAP BPC preferred but not essential
- Strong intellect and analytical skills
- Good communication skills, both oral and written
- Strong team working ethic.