Manager, Finance Business Partnering
About the Team
The Financial Services division, led by the Group CFO, partners with all areas of the Commonwealth Bank to provide financial control and specialist advice on financial management and strategy. This advice covers finance, audit, treasury, investor relations, security and property.
Technology & Operations Finance is responsible for the provision of financial control and management services to the Technology & Chief Operations Office divisions.
We work closely with our stakeholders to help them understand their technology and operations costs and deliver current and future strategic and financial plans.
Technology & Operations Finance’s mission is to “influence strategic outcomes through transparent insights and passionate people”.
See yourself in our team
Your team forms part of the wider Technology & Operations Finance Team of approximately 90 people and provides business partnering and financial management services to Technology, Chief Operations Office and Business Unit CIOs.
This role is responsible for providing financial and business partnering support to the Operations & Technology Corporate Services team. This team provides consulting, technology, project delivery, portfolio management, system planning and operational oversight for all the Support Units within Bank (e.g. Finance, Risk, HR).
Key duties will include:
- Preparation and presentation of monthly financial results and analysis for both BAU and investment spend to Operations , Business Unit and Finance General Managers
- Understanding underlying drivers of performance and variances to Plan and assisting in discussions with the Business
- Providing timely and relevant financial information and insights, analysis and advice as and when required to support timely and effective decision making
- Driving the month end process including the preparation / review of month end journals, undertaking general ledger reviews, completing variance analysis and submitting month end results to Centre Finance
- Working closely with the business to develop meaningful driver based plans and forecasts in support of insightful analytics and business performance management, including the identification of cost savings and appropriate challenge of cost growth
- Effective prioritisation skills used in conjunction with line manager prioritisation
- Collaborating with both Finance and Business stakeholders to drive business outcomes and become a trusted advisor
- Ensuring a strong financial control environment is maintained, including integrity of the general ledger, through extensive variance analysis and balance sheet review and challenge
- Identifying and driving continuous improvement opportunities in analysis, reporting and financial control
We're interested in hearing from people who have
- Exceptional stakeholder management and the confidence to challenge and influence Senior Leaders
- Strong commercial, accounting and/or financial management experience including financial modelling and analytical skills and understanding of operational business drivers;
- High degree of commercial acumen with a background in finance business partnering
- Experience as a Manager and people management (desirable)
- Effective verbal and communication skills
- Advances level of Excel and PowerPoint
In Financial Services we take a proactive approach to your career development. Your on-going development would be part of an integrated development plan. If you live the values and demonstrate the people capabilities we can offer great opportunities.
Whether you want to move across the organisation or up into a leadership role, the way you live the values and demonstrate the people capabilities are key. Use the capabilities required for this role as a guide to the critical skills and behaviours you need for your next move.
If you would like to hear more about this role please Apply.
The health and safety of our people, customers and communities is our number one priority. This means that we require all of our employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Please speak to us if you have any questions about this based on your individual circumstances.
If you're already part of the Commonwealth Bank Group (including Bankwest), you'll need to apply through Sidekick to submit a valid application. We’re keen to support you with the next step in your career.
We're aware of some accessibility issues on this site, particularly for screen reader users. We want to make finding your dream job as easy as possible, so if you require additional support please contact HR Direct on 1800 989 696.
Advertising End Date: 07/06/2022
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.