Regulatory Reporting Audit - Assistant Manager
Who we are looking for:
Looking for audit professional who understand and can provide end-to-end support to the audit group for performing Regulatory reporting audits.
Why this role is important to us:
In this role, the key focus for the Officer Regulatory Reporting would be:
- Evaluating the adequacy and effectiveness of internal controls related to key US regulatory reporting operations, including CCAR reporting, in accordance with the audit methodology and the regulatory reporting audit approach
- Assessing and testing controls over the accuracy and completeness of regulatory reports submitted to the Federal Reserve Bank (FRB); the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC); and the Federal Financial Institutions Examination Council (FFEIC), such as Liquidity Risk Reporting, CCAR, Basel, and Call Reports.
- Assessing the risk and controls around the design, development, delivery of data from operation systems and files into staging area, Data Warehouse and Data Marts.
What you will be responsible for:
- The audit manager is responsible for successfully planning, executing and completing audits according to a risk-based approach, recommending internal control improvements that may include operational enhancements or efficiencies, and preparing audit reports.
- The audit manager must demonstrate knowledge of financial and operational internal control methodologies and terminologies (e.g. COSO); process and control industry standards; risk management practices and techniques; and internal audit process, technology and tools for planning, design, performance, testing and reporting.
- The audit manager must display a high degree of professionalism and leadership and possess proficient organizational, analytical and project management skills. The audit manager must be able to manage complexity, to multi-task and work independently in non-routine situations.
- The audit manager will facilitate effective communication and coordination with business management at all levels and must have excellent written, verbal, interpersonal and presentation skills.
- The audit manager will develop a thorough understanding and knowledge base of the company’s operations, establish effective business relationships within the company and assist management in the understanding and adaptation of internal control principles.
- The audit manager will have strong team leadership skills which include creating an environment of trust, soliciting diverse views from team members and coaching and developing staff through timely meaningful feedback.
- The audit manager will maintain a current knowledge of audit industry practices and ensure best practices are always considered.
What we value:
These skills will help you succeed in this role:
- Working knowledge of key US regulatory reporting risks and key banking regulations such as CCAR and other regulatory reports, e.g. Call Reports, FRY – 9C or FFIEC 101
- Understanding of regulatory requirements and experience dealing with examinations and /or enquiries by regulatory authorities is preferred
- Experience with assessment and testing of controls over FRB, FDIC, and FFEIC reporting (including Liquidity Risk, CCAR, Basel, Call Reports, etc.)
- Knowledge of UK or European related regulatory reporting regulations and/or requirements strongly desired
- Data Modeling (ETL, Data Warehouse, Data Mart, etc.) strongly desired Tools: SAS, SQL, Tableau preferred
- Experience with design, development, delivery of data from operation systems and files into staging area, Data Warehouse and Data Marts, preferred
- BCBS 239- Data Quality Assessments: Data dictionaries, Data lineage, including Functional (Data Accuracy/Completeness) and Technical (Interface, etc.) control frameworks preferred
- Balance Sheet Management experience (ALM/Liquidity) desired but not required, with direct experience with vendor tools such as QRM/Bancware
- Candidates should have Financial Services Audit experience in either Big 4 Public Accounting,
Education & preferred qualifications:
- Professional audit certifications preferred; a CPA, CIA or CISA is a plus
- Strong analytical and communication skills
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Microsoft Visio
- Bachelor’s degree required
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.