Auditor, Senior Associate, Hybrid
Who we are looking for
We are looking for an Auditor, Senior Associate, who will be responsible for providing independent, objective assurance and advisory services designed to add value, minimize risk and improve the overall control environment of State Street Bank International and its affiliates. In this role you will interact and communicate regularly with senior management and have tremendous insight into all parts of the company’s daily operations. The role can be based out in Munich or Frankfurt, Germany.
This role can be performed in a hybrid model, where you can balance work from home and office to match your needs and role requirements.
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining plays an important role in the overall success of the organization. Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. To make that happen we need teams like yours to help navigate employees and the organization as a whole. In your role you will strive for cutting-edge solutions, that are straightforward and scalable. You will help us build resilience and execute day to day deliverables at our best. Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
As Auditor, Senior Associate you will
- Assist in the performance of audits of State Street Corporation’s Global Markets division.
- Demonstrate proficiency in assessing risks, evaluating and testing the design and effectiveness of internal controls and applying audit skills.
- Complete audit workpapers in compliance with the Corporate Audit division’s Audit Methodology.
- Communicate audit progress, results and findings to the Lead Auditor and Audit Manager.
- Review and validate corrective actions implemented by management to remediate audit findings.
- Ensure adherence to company policies, Corporate Audit procedures, the Institute of Internal Auditor Standards and industry regulations.
- Stay abreast of industry developments including but not limited to changes in regulations.
- Develop overall product / business unit knowledge of State Street Corporation over time.
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role
- Ability to work independently in an international team across multiple locations with global stakeholders in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to learn audit skills and techniques in a relatively short period of time.
- A high degree of professionalism and strong organizational, analytical and time management skills.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal; strong interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Fluency in German and English – written and spoken.
Education & preferred qualifications
- Completed Bachelor’s and/or Master’s degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Finance or similar.
- 1-3 years of audit experience in public accounting or a corporate internal audit function, with experience in auditing financial institutions.
- Familiarity with German and European regulatory environment applicable to financial institutions (e.g. BaFin requirements such as MaRisk)
- Knowledge of Foreign Exchange and Securities Finance products is a plus
- Travel up to 35% may be required.
Are you the right candidate? Yes!
We truly believe in the power that comes from the diverse backgrounds and experiences our employees bring with them. Although each vacancy details what we are looking for, we don’t necessarily need you to fulfill all of them when applying. If you like change and innovation, seek to see the bigger picture, make data driven decisions and are a good team player, you could be a great fit.
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.