Controls Assurance Senior Analyst
Central Testing Excellence Team is composed of approximately 50 FTE of senior and junior analysts across all 4 centers. The Controls Assurance Sr Analyst supports the CTE Manager in creating a risk-based financial control testing plan for the majority of RDS Group financial controls operated by Finance Operations as well as in business. The testing plan should be developed in accordance with a risk-based methodology and delivered in line with group Sarbanes Oxley (SOX) and Financial Control guidelines, as well as in joint consideration with Businesses facing Qualitative risk factors. Controls Assurance Sr Analyst supports The CTE Manager in ensuring the plan is managed and delivered in line with agreed timeframes adhering to SOX attestation requirements and the standard of testing is consistent of high quality across all process and business and if sought external audit reliance is gained on any internal testing carried out. Controls Assurance Sr Analyst performs testing for controls design and operating effectiveness as Line of Defense 2 for Shell.
- Performs financial control testing for both FO as well as in business, providing an independent assessment of control design and operating effectiveness with any key observation or recommendation.
- Testing coverage includes complex accounting areas, External Auditor - Management Reliance, migration operational readiness tests, RDS, and key controls with Control Owners in various Shell locations.
- Support the CTE Manager in ensuring financial controls are tested and walked through for SOX purposes in line with the agreed plan.
- Monitor progress of Control testing activities against plan and report regularly on progress to the Central Testing Unit Manager
- Ensures that any deficiencies are appropriately documented in MetricStream, the deficiency tracker is always kept up to date detailing root causes, deep dives/retrospective reviews performed along with a clear plan for remediation which meets SOX attestation criteria. Ensuring businesses are kept communicated in the investigation and remediation of all controls relevant to their area.
- Provide Royal Dutch Shell (RDS)/SOX testing service to FO Process leads and for Financial Control Business leads
- Act as subject matter expert in RDS/SOX testing area
- Supports other assignments and ad hoc matters as required
- Graduate in Accountancy/Finance
- Professional qualification in Accountancy/Finance/Audit/Internal Controls field is desirable
- Experience in internal controls area or audit
- Experience in planning and executing audits/test/walkthroughs
- Experience in implementing control frameworks within the business.
- Experience in documenting processes and changes within the processes
- Highly experience in finance functional process with limited audit background/testing skills can still be considered
- Sox/RDS experience and experience are of one or more Financial Processes are desirable.
- In-depth knowledge of internal/financial controls, Risk Management, SOX, Audit Standards, Corporate Governance, Accounting & Finance
- IT literate and solid working knowledge of MS Office (Outlook, PowerPoint, Word, Excel)
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date. Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world. The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand. Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.
Candidates must be resident in Malaysia, or have the right to work in Malaysia.