Middle Office, VP
Responsible for oversight over Middle Office Operations. Focus will mainly be around hedge fund activity and could include complexities such as new client onboarding/trade processing/confirmation/matching for clients, reconciliations against prime brokers, and portfolio pricing with market data fed by various vendors. Ideal candidate has experience within the middle office field and is able to utilize internal and external relationships to troubleshoot instruction related issues.
Why this role is important to us:
The team you will be joining is a part of International Fund Services (IFS), acquired by State Street in July 2002. IFS, also known as Alternative Investment Solutions is a recognized industry-leading provider of fund accounting, fund administration and risk services to hedge funds and private equity funds. These services are fully integrated to provide complete end-to-end solutions that span the front-, middle- and back-office requirements of institutional investors.
Join us if making your mark in the alternative investment industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for:
As Middle Office, Vice President you will:
- Responsible for development and execution of overall business plans, Middle office applications and products.
- Maintaining flow between Operations working groups, production support and system development groups.
- Participates in new business process including review of proposals, prospect presentations, staffing allocations, souring solutions for issues etc
- Be a phenomenal partner with key client contacts ensuring expectations are met and client happiness with the level of service is received.
- Represent the organization internally and externally as a senior level executive of State Street, organizing and leading Operational focus groups and meetings.
- Develop ideas for new products and services to expand business opportunities.
- Review Officer performance and where applicable but not limited to:
- Review end of day valuations for all products
- Review end of day management reports and resolve issues
- Sign off on end of day process and check lists
- Identifies and uses best practices for project management.
- Clearly communicates both verbally and in written format.
- Demonstrates an understanding of the impact of problems across the organization and facilitates a collaborative solution.
- During the course of normal day to day operation, responsible for identifying any unusual or potentially suspicious transaction activity and must report and/or escalate in accordance with corporate policy and guidelines detailed in relevant operating procedures
- Build a collaborative relationship with inter-departmental contacts and achieve business goals
- Education: Bachelor’s degree (finance degree strongly preferred) or equivalent experience
- Proven professional skills – At least 7+ years' experience with hedge fund middle and back office, including 3 to 4 years of managerial experience.
- Excellent written, communication, and interpersonal skills, ability to present internally to management.
- Hedge Fund Middle Office or Administration experience is required incl working knowledge of OTC markets.
- Strong skills in Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Access)
- Ability to document development requirements to create automated processes for Operations
- Excellent follow-up and problem solving skills.
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Project orientated.
- Must be able to pay extremely close attention to details.
- Must be a team player.
- Experience with Geneva System and Bank Loan product type is a plus.
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.