Regulatory Relations Risk Officer
Description of business unit
Within the Group Compliance function, the Regulatory Strategy team is responsible for the development and implementation of the Group regulatory engagement strategy and co-ordination of ongoing Group regulatory engagement.
Purpose of the role
The role holder will be responsible for a range of deliverables as part of the Regulatory Relations team who are the centre of excellence for the oversight and management of the Group's day to day supervisory relationship with the Central Bank of Ireland (CBI) and SSM Joint Supervisory Team (JST).
- Maintain strong and collaborative relationships with the CBI / JST
- Ensure requests and communications received from the regulators are taken care of promptly, managed appropriately, and that high quality records are maintained.
- Handle agreed deliverables for the regulators and business to time and quality, including acting as a regulatory affairs advisor for resolution of incidents.
- Work closely with business leaders in Group engagements with the regulators, providing advice, guidance and constructive challenge.
- Work with the senior management team for the function to further develop and improve the quality control, tracking and information management processes for the team.
What is the opportunity?
This is an excellent opportunity for a highly motivated professional. You will be provided with the opportunity to engage with partners across the Group and across all risk subject areas. You will also get the opportunity to influence engagements with regulators and will directly engage with the Group's regulators in the delivery of supervisory expectations.
Essential skills & experience
- Good working knowledge of the regulatory environment in which the Group operates.
- Ability to influence partners at various levels within the organisation, and constructively challenge where required.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to deliver within strict timelines.
- Experience of planning deliverables, reviewing work and overseeing problem resolution.
- Good social skills, including negotiating and influencing!
- Manage Risk - Self
- Agile - Self
- Accountable - Self
- Champion Transformation - Self
- Customer Focused - Self
Bank of Ireland Group is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to fostering an inclusive workplace which values and benefits from the diversity of our workforce.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.