Senior Consultant, Client Solutions FOS x2 - Hybrid
About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
As a Northern Trust employee (Partner), you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve.
Northern Trust is committed to working with and providing adjustments to individuals with health conditions and disabilities. If you would benefit from adjustments for any part of the employment process, please inform the recruiter to discuss your individual requirements.
We strive to have a globally diverse workforce where engagement and inclusion drive business excellence. We believe in the power of collaborative partnerships and are proud to work with a number of organisations across EMEA who provide us with ongoing knowledge, education and insights to support our efforts.
We monitor our progress by participating in market benchmarks which assess industry best practice and are delighted to have received a Silver Award from the Mind Workplace Wellbeing Index over two consecutive years, and a Gold Award from the UK Ministry of Defence Employer Recognition Scheme.
Front Office Solutions
Front Office Solutions is a new strategic business for Northern Trust that provides a holistic digital+ service offering for some of the most sophisticated institutional investors across the globe, including foundations, endowments, pension funds, corporations, insurance companies and sovereign wealth funds. As asset owners engage in more complex, data-driven investment approaches to asset allocation, their operational needs and demands for high quality data have skyrocketed. Front Office Solutions provides a holistic, full-service, multi-asset solution that aims to empower in-house investment teams and support their important mission by providing a more comprehensive set of operational services and analytics including portfolio management, investment decision support, operational risk management, CRM/document management and workflow tools.
The Sr. Consultant will be responsible for investment data administration and oversight of individuals that will provide clients with the holistic data sets they need to fulfil their various stakeholder requirements as well as researching and identifying solutions for data challenges for institutional clients.
The key responsibilities of the role include:
Responsible for management of client investment data:
- Investment transactions and valuations
- Cost basis analysis, cash movement, pricing, gain and loss analysis, account and position reconciliation
- Alternative investment manager estimates and performance data
- Plan contributions / spending withdrawals
- Underlying manager exposure data
- Benchmark and investment classifications data
- Responsible for interpreting, reviewing and resolving client queries and requests.
- Acts as first point of escalation for issues as raised by junior team members.
- Investment reconciliations, including reconciliation of cash, positions, performance, transactions, alternative investment metrics (unfunded commitments, etc.)
- Oversight of NAV, allocation and underlying client performance for alternative investments
- Delivery of all client data analysis and reporting in line with agreed SLD
- Supports client onboarding including initial client discovery sessions, project planning, setting client expectations and facilitating continuous client updates throughout the onboarding process.
- Responsible for adherence to client service level deliverables as documented in the respective SLDs.
- Serves as a resource for toolset’s liquidity analysis and portfolio planning capabilities supporting the institutional asset owner clients.
- Supports training activities for clients and new FOS team members.
- Participates and supports ongoing process improvement
Required Knowledge & Skills:
Experience working with complex asset owners in one or more of the following fields:
- Performance measurement (attribution, liquidity, and exposures)
- Alternative asset or private equity operations
- Investment operations (fund or investment accounting)
- Experience working with Endowments, Foundations, Family Offices, OCIOs, Pension Funds, Sovereign Wealth Funds, and institutional asset managers.
- Demonstrated understanding of private equity transactional impacts on unfunded commitments, market value, cost, and other metrics typically associated with private equity (TVPI,DPI, PIC, etc.).
- In depth understanding of accounting/reporting methods, including IBOR, ABOR, TrueNAV, to support complete and accurate data capture.
- Knowledge of performance measurement concepts and standards across multiple asset classes including GIPS Standards, blended and custom benchmarks.
- Must be able to work closely and collaborate with internal stakeholders and clients.
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task, and perform effectively under deadlines.
- Advanced understanding of Excel, Word, SharePoint with particular emphasis on Excel.
- Experience using VBA, Python or other programming language to format large data sets
- Experience with multi-asset class portfolio management software.
- Client servicing experience. High level of comfort communicating directly with clients and client advocacy
- College or University degree
- Completion (or progress towards) of advanced credentials (CFA, CAIA, CIPM, CPA, MBA) preferred.
- Genuine desire and capability to work in a fast-paced, professional, inclusive environment which requires teamwork, well-honed problem-solving skills, frequent re-prioritization, deadline management, ongoing and comprehensive communication, constant attention to detail, and a commitment to continuous improvement and best practices.
Working with Us:
We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world’s most admired and ethical companies. In return, we will support you with your personal and career goals in a number of ways:
Financial – Life Assurance, Disability Plan, Pension/ Gratuity, Annual Pay Review
Work Life Balance – Flexible Work Options, Incremental Annual Leave, Community Volunteer Day
Health & Wellbeing – Private Medical Insurance, Active Sports & Social clubs (lunchtime and after-work groups), Employee Assistance Program
Professional Development – Clear Career Path, Education Assistance, Recognition Programme, NT University (wide range of online, virtual & in-house training options) and employee-led Business Resource Councils dedicated to diversity and inclusion initiatives
We hope you’re excited about the role and the opportunity to work with us.
We value an inclusive workplace and understand flexibility means different things to different people.
Apply today and talk to us about your flexible working requirements and together we can achieve greater.