Senior Manager Valuation and Capital Control
See yourself in our team
Institutional Banking and Markets (IB&M) is responsible for managing the Group’s relationships with major corporate and government clients and institutional investors. It provides a full range of capital raising, transactional and risk management products and services.
IB&M also performs an important internal role for the Group by providing markets, lending and transaction banking execution capabilities to other CBA business units that allows them to capture opportunities with business customers.
Globally, Product Control is responsible for the independent oversight and financial control of the Global Markets business. Responsibility includes oversight of all daily P/L production and analysis including attribution and commentary, month end accounting, General Ledger balance sheet reconciliations and other special tasks of the business across the full product range.
Reporting to Executive Manager, Valuation and Capital Control, this role will focus on the Commodities business and its Credit Capital and Valuation controls.
We are open to considering candidates who prefer to work on a part-time basis with reduced hours or reduced days, and will adapt the role accordingly to cater for the candidate’s work pattern.
Do work that matters
Specific capital & valuation related tasks include but not limited to:
- Advise of Credit Capital methodologies bringing together a technical and commercial understanding
- Analytical review of Credit Capital movements to identify material errors and control gaps
- Running of monthly controls to ensure accurate capital measurement
- Day 1 pricing including consideration of lifetime capital
- Thin market analysis & other prudential valuation adjustments
- Team training on valuation methodologies and associated industry changes / literature
- Other valuation methodologies and associated modelling
- Manage the information for the Valuation Committee including preparing components of the pack and potentially presenting at the committee
- When any changes to system and/or valuation components of the system are made, understand IB&M Finance & cross functional impacts and facilitate the change management as a result of these changes to impacted areas i.e. Ensure overall change impacts on IB&M Finance are understood; and deliver changes to existing processes and develop new processes where applicable
We’re interested in hearing from people who have
- CA or CPA qualification
- Degree in Finance, Accounting, or a related discipline
- Strong numeracy, PC and GL systems and reporting package skills
- Highly numerate with excellent understanding of financial products including derivatives and associated pricing
- Aware of accounting standards and specifically the application in respect to Fair Value reporting
- Excellent understanding of valuation concepts and methodologies
- Understands business drivers and providing genuine business valued output and analysis and interactively forms ‘business partnerships’ with other professionals
- Actively builds relationships within and across business streams, functional areas and regions
Risk Mindset – All CommBank employees are expected to proactively identify and understand, openly discuss and act on current and future risks.
The health and safety of our people, customers and communities is our number one priority. This means that we require all of our employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Please speak to us if you have any questions about this based on your individual circumstances.
If you're already part of the Commonwealth Bank Group (including Bankwest), you'll need to apply through Sidekick to submit a valid application. We’re keen to support you with the next step in your career.
We're aware of some accessibility issues on this site, particularly for screen reader users. We want to make finding your dream job as easy as possible, so if you require additional support please contact HR Direct on 1800 989 696.
Advertising End Date: 29/05/2022
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.