Lead Analyst - Control Monitoring (VP)
The EMEA Control Management & Governance (CIG) is a driving factor in delivering robust and consistent design, monitoring and governance of the control framework across EMEA Finance. With responsibility for Risk and Control, Manger’s Control Assessment (MCA), Issue Management, SOX, COSO, Transformation, Trainings and Communication, CMG team enables the EMEA Finance organization to execute on Citi Finance Vision and Strategy. Our people make all the difference in our success.
The EMEA CMG team is led by EMEA Control Management Head reporting into EMEA Franchise Controller and Global Control Management Head. The EMEA CMG team resources are subject matter specialist who support all streams of Finance: Legal Entity Management; Regulatory Reporting (across 54 countries in EMEA), Citi Solution Centre (CSC), Accounting Policy, Planning & Analysis, Treasury and Tax, and operates through three key strategic locations London, Budapest and Dubai.
Lead Analyst - Control Monitoring (VP)
The mission of the team is to:
- Serve as trusted control advisors who promote and assist in embedding strong internal controls over financial reporting, regulatory reporting across EMEA, and is involved in corporate level control programs such as SOX, COSO & MCA.
- Drive regional governance and ensure adherence to corporate wide Citi policies and standards for Finance.
- Deliver timely, accurate and insightful control analytics to ensure proper attention to remediation efforts and to strengthen the control environment.
This role primarily will focus on driving control-monitoring activities across all the countries in the EMEA region in line with Citi Global and regional standards, policies and procedures. An essential part of the profile will be driving Citi’s End User Computing (EUC) initiatives for EMEA.
Control Design and Monitoring
- Collaborate with Global teams on Citi’s initiatives around End User Computing (EUC) and provide required oversight to the countries in the region.
- Ability to manage resolution of EUC control issues with substantial potential impact to the region and help identify operating control deficiencies throughout the region.
- Support EUC remediation efforts and issue management in line with the Transformation and Control initiatives as required
- Strengthen monitoring across region with specific focus on EUC, and ensuring compliance with EUC policy and standards
- Implement timely and effective communication across the region for policy or requirement changes, with specific focus on EUC’s.
- Design and deliver trainings to EMEA countries with aim to increase awareness on controls and strengthen control environment.
- Analyze findings and root cause. Proposes sustainable and innovative solutions to risk and control issues.
- Provide adequate challenge to the Controllers functions to ensure control design is followed while performing production activities.
- Apply an in-depth understanding of the inter-relationships of business and support units throughout the corporation and how they impact the overall control environment, SOX Controls and internal controls over financial reporting.
- Proactive and 'no surprises' approach in communicating and escalating issues; and strength in sustaining independent views.
- Partner with ICRM, ORM and Internal Audit to support and respond to independent assessments
- Opportunity to widen your knowledge of the banking industry and the products offered
- Chance to build an exceptional global network of professionals across several business areas, technology teams and 2nd line functions, including Finance and Risk
- Long-term career path across geographies and business lines
- Competitive compensation package and benefits
- Flexible work arrangements
Qualifications / Experience:
- CPA or ACCA equivalent
- Internal Audit knowledge gained as a practitioner or in an associated consulting role
- Strong understanding of the regulatory environment in EMEA, particularly in relation to governance
- Exposure to regulatory reporting and compliance environment
- Financial products knowledge is an advantage
- Good understanding of culture, ethical conduct, governance, risk management and control frameworks in leading international organizations
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to deal with a range of senior/ junior staff across a number of disciplines and across a wide range of countries.
- Influencing and effective negotiation skills
- Ability to analyze a process and recommend ways to improve quality, controls, and efficiency
- Demonstrates strong judgment, political astuteness, and sensitivity to cultural diversity
- Embraces diversity and inclusion
- Exhibits strong teamwork and Collaboration
- Displays clear accountability and ownership
- Highly motivated with advanced analytical & problem-solving abilities
- Ability to interpret & implement regulatory guidelines & professional standards
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and complete tasks within tight deadlines
Your journey and flexible career at Citi begins here – apply now!
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.