Sales and Service Client Services, Assistant Vice President
The Client Service Manager is a client facing role and acts as the key contact point for the client with respect to
- Day to day Communication
- New services and/or changes to service and associated billing
- Service Issues and/or performance concerns
- Coordinating Standard KPI and Service Level Meetings
- Acting as the client’s sponsor when working with internal State Street teams
- Query resolution
- Periodic compliance processes including Year End co-ordination, AML reviews, FTOP reviews etc.
Positive engagement with other teams including JV’s, the Hubs, specialist teams and other client services teams is critical. The role needs to take ownership for ensuring the client experience in dealing with the client service team is positive, their queries can be addressed quickly and they have timely line of site on all open items.
The role holder maybe responsible for managing a team, which includes work allocation, prioritization, performance management and project delivery.
Depending upon the size of the client a Client Service Manager can expect to service a group of like clients (Asset Owners/Asset Managers)
Proactive Client Engagement aided at retaining the client and improving client satisfaction scores
- Ensure structured client engagement forums are in place with agendas and materials sent well in advance of the meetings
- Deliver best practice sharing sessions with the client ensuring they are aware of developments and improvements made within the organization.
- Facilitate Product training sessions where appropriate
- Operate using a proactive approach with clients (reach out rather than respond)
- Ensure there is regular status reporting of open items/current activities available to the client
- Look at client satisfaction scores and have a plan in place designed to have a positive impact.
Transforming the way we support our clients as they evolve.
- Play a key co-ordination role bringing together project plans and current status for fund activity such as
- Fund openings, closures and transitions
- New fund structures
- new products
- Help drive internally within State Street any client strategic initiatives that will have a direct impact on how we will interact with the client (vendor changes, technology changes, operating model changes)
- Look at ways to drive continuous improvement across the operating model
- Look to drive the adoption of tools by the client to streamline the delivery of data (MyNav insights. Interactive views etc.)
- Leverage IMT (query management tool) to support timely responses to client queries and resolution of issues
Focus on the client governance aspects of the servicing model including but not limited to
- Maintenance of client documentation including but not limited to AML reviews, FTOP updates, contract annexures etc
- Ensuring accurate change controls for Client invoicing and follow up with clients on any overdue invoices.
- Conduct Due Diligence sessions and presentation materials
- Year End Timetabling and other periodic planning
- Hold service level meetings with the client including the delivery of KPI information.
- Leverage KPI Reporting and other Dashboards to proactively oversee activity happening across the clients funds and work within internal teams to address any anomalies in performance.
- Support Internal User groups aimed at enhancing staff knowledge of the client through Know the client sessions and ensuring Client/Product profiles are in place and kept up to date.
Stay abreast of transformation change within the organization (Technology, product, process) and be in a position to have a high level discussion with the client on these changes/developments.
- Encourage an environment of openness that welcomes effective challenge and supports open discussion, promotes new ideas and work collaboratively across State Street teams and divisions
- Establish and nurture a culture of individual ownership of tasks to embed a clear individual sense of accountability into staff members’ behaviour in performing their roles.
- Be aware and understand the risks inherent within the department and the potential effect of non-compliance and take appropriate corrective action
- Demonstrate the ‘Risk Excellence’ culture in your behaviour, ensure that the highest level of the ethical conduct is displayed in your behaviour and that of your staff including but not limited to
- Timely completion of all compliance training and adhere to Compliance and regulatory procedures
- Abide by any mandatory leave requirements
- .Strict adherence to all State Street Policies
- Regular updating of performance priorities and tracking against these
- Operate within the ethical decision making framework
Level of Education/ Qualifications: Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in business or financial discipline
Skills, Competencies’ and Experience
- 6-10 Years in financial services or related field
- Prior Client Service Experience (Ideally within Financial Markets)
- Extensive product knowledge including, understanding of fund accounting concepts, custody activities and flows core investment products and different investment vehicles
- Project Management Skills
- Strong analytical capability and problem management skills
- Ability to comprehend client requirements and find solutions
- Effective communicator (Proficient written and oral communication including presentations)
- Highest level of integrity and ethics
- Ability to work under pressure to tight deadlines
- Flexible and solution oriented, ability to think outside the box
- Thrives in a dynamic, changing environment
- Actively keeps themselves informed on developments within the organisation
- Inspires and motivate others to drive and sustain State Streets success even in the face of resistance or challenge
- Strong sense of accountability but appreciates and respects the role of the COE’s
- Exercise sound business judgment based upon financial principles and knowledge of the broader corporation objectives.