Accounting Book of Record (ABOR fka MRK), Associate 2
Who we are looking for
This is a role in ABOR services in Alpha Group in Tokyo office.
ABOR is a master data management. It is a standardization of accounting and investment data. The data includes transactions, holdings, accounting leger balances, Security master files, and codes.
The position interacts with various level of professionals both internally and externally. The primary and immediate responsibility in short term is ABOR BAU. The position will expand its responsibilities to direct and/or indirect involvements in Sunflower project.
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Services (SSGS). SSGS gives asset owners and managers access to the essential financial tools they need to deliver effective investment solutions. From core custody, accounting, fund administration and shareholder recordkeeping, to complete operations solutions and servicing for alternative assets like OTC derivatives, private equity and real estate, SSGS’ tools help our clients make better investment choices and act on growth opportunities.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
As ABOR Associate 2, you will
- Collect data (inbound data) from multiple trustees
- Perform various checks in inbound data
- Perform various checks including data integrity and validity checks
- Maintain security master files per vendor information
- Create and check outbound data files to the client
- Perform other BAU and/or ad-hoc tasks.
- Adhere to established operating, risk, and compliance controls and standard operating procedures.
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role
- Experience in financial services, fund accounting and/or a back-office operations environment
- Ability to communicate effectively in Japanese and English, both verbally and in writing
- Strong time management skills with the ability to priorities under pressure; adapt to work under given timeline
- Advanced knowledge of MS office, especially Excel
- Problem solving and analytical skills
- Detail-oriented, logical thinking, strong learning ability, sense of responsibility and team work are required
- Good interpersonal skill and team spirit; effective communication, organizational and negotiation skills
- Self-motivated, creative and efficient in finding solutions to complex, time-critical problems and strong analytical ability
Education and Preferred Qualifications:
- Bachelor degree or above in Accounting, Finance or Economics related field; accounting background is preferred
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.