Accounting Ops Manager, FA Limerick - Hybrid
About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
As a Northern Trust employee (Partner), you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve.
Northern Trust is committed to working with and providing adjustments to individuals with health conditions and disabilities. If you would benefit from adjustments for any part of the employment process, please inform the recruiter to discuss your individual requirements.
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why Forbes ranked us the top employer for Diversity in 2018.
The key responsibilities of the role include:
- Deliver high quality service to clients, both internal and external, by accurate, timely completion of all assigned tasks and requests for information
- Organise workload and team members in an efficient and effective manner
- Ensure Valuations are completed in an accurate and timely manner
- Look to meet and improve the preparation of client reporting
- Seek to learn quickly and strive to continually improve service offered
- Support the implementation of business plans
- Become involved in small to medium size projects where required
- Understand the risks in own team, help others to understand this and to recognise that risk is everyone’s responsibility
- Create and maintain a respectful and productive work environment
- Deliver training /coaching effectively
- Provide objective and regular feedback to staff
- Client service orientation
- Ability to lead and develop a medium-sized team
- Good attention to detail
- Demonstrates willingness to help others outside team
- Good prioritisation and multi-tasking skills
- Strong problem solving skills
- Organises own workload and establishes priorities
- Demonstrates good knowledge of standards and procedures required for own tasks
- Excellent PC skills especially MS Excel
- Third level qualification or pursuing a professional accounting qualification an advantage but not required
Working with Us:
We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world’s most admired and ethical companies. In return, we will support you with your personal and career goals in a number of ways:
Financial – Life Assurance, Disability Plan, Pension/ Gratuity, Annual Pay Review
Work Life Balance – Flexible Work Options, Incremental Annual Leave, Community Volunteer Days
Health & Wellbeing – Private Medical Insurance, Active Sports & Social clubs (lunchtime and after-work groups), Employee Assistance Program
Professional Development – Clear Career Path, Education Assistance, Recognition Programme, NT University (wide range of online, virtual & in-house training options) and employee-led Business Resource Councils dedicated to diversity and inclusion initiatives.
We hope you’re excited about the role and the opportunity to work with us.
We value an inclusive workplace and understand flexibility means different things to different people.
Apply today and talk to us about your flexible working requirements and together we can achieve greater.