Senior Analyst, Private Equity Accounting
The AFS-PCA team manages fund administration of private capital investment funds. The Senior Analyst maintains and reconciles accounting records, and assist in preparation of client reports/deliverables. Carries out complex activities with significant financial, client, and/or internal business impact. Able to serve as a key subject matter expert and mentor to other more junior level employees. May manage daily operational activities and supervise day-to-day work of junior level employees (but not a formal management role).
- Post data for fund transactions and establishes new/existing investor accounts. Maintain and reconcile accounting records
- Engage with clients or partners in a consultative role on routine informational matters
- Provide input to process changes which would result in greater operational efficiency gains
- Identify, document and disseminate new procedures and controls
- Carry out complex activities with significant financial, client, and/or internal business impact
- May have direct interaction with committees and/or Senior Management
- Able to serve as a key subject matter expert and mentor to other more junior level employees
- May manage daily operational activities and supervise day-to-day work of junior level employees (but not a formal management role)
- Technically sound in area of expertise and has broader knowledge of other areas
- Delivers a work product that requires less revision; and works effectively as a team member, but also independently as assigned project lead
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are required
- Functional /Industry Knowledge is required
- Analytical and problem solving skills are required
- Attention to details with accuracy and precision skills is required
- Ability to interpret and understand data are required
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Be able to work as part of a team with minimal supervision
- A College or University degree and/or some relevant work experience is required
About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With more than 130 years of financial experience and over 20,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
Working with Us:
As a Northern Trust partner, you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve!
We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of America’s best banks and most sustainable companies! Build your career with us and apply today.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.