The Client Manager will be responsible for managing and supporting a designated portfolio of clients. You will be working closely with the partners as a senior management team. The firm is expanding and has structured growth and development plans in place and therefore presents a superb career opportunity for the practice professionals looking to progress in their accounting careers as there will be potential for progression in the role and firm. Ideally, the successful candidate will be qualified ACCA/CA and be able to demonstrate good experience in UK accounts and tax returns preparation.
Report to Partners/Directors
Responsibilities will include:
- Year-end accounts preparation, including preparing the financial statements and associated disclosures, ensuring accuracy, completeness, and compliance with UK GAAP requirements and companies act 2006.
- Preparation of Periodic Management Accounts
- Reviewing day to day bookkeeping
- Preparation, review & submission of UK VAT returns
- Preparation, review & submission of Payroll
- Preparation & submission of corporation tax returns, self-assessment tax returns and partnership tax returns.
- Resolving queries directly with clients
- Interrogation of General Ledger (GL) to ensure the integrity of the accounts, including highlighting issues and dealing with them appropriately.
- Ensuring all transactions are properly recorded, including ensuring the timely completion of all transactions.
- Identifying process improvement opportunities and recommending solutions, including following through to ensure that recommended solutions are fully and properly implemented.
- To maintain an advanced level of technical knowledge through appropriate reading and courses, and to fulfill any development or training requirements.
- To be involved in any other administrative departmental and office issues as deemed appropriate
- Have excellent communication skills and can work under pressure.
- Supervising a junior member of staff and delegating the assignments
- Provide training to other team members when needed.
- An ACCA/CA qualified Accountant to deal with our UK-based clients.
- Minimum 5 years of proven experience in accounts and tax gained with UK-based clients and should be able to demonstrate the UK tax and companies’ laws knowledge.
- Work experience in UK accounting practices - candidates with experience in the industry only will not be considered
- An analytical mind
- Good communication skills – both written and verbal
- A keen eye for detail and desire to probe further into data
- Deadline-orientated and an ability to stick to time constraints
- Be able to work on cloud-based software e.g. Xero, QuickBooks, SAGE, TaxCalc, Brightpay, MS Office, and Taxfiler.
- Team player and demonstrate leadership skills
Key Performing Measures
- Delivery of high-quality financial statements, tax returns, and overall service to clients
- Deadlines are met
- Budgets achieved
- Adherence to the firm’s procedures
- Flexibility towards hours of work and tasks performed including assisting other staff e.g. dealing with urgent tasks at short notice when required
- To keep confidential any information obtained concerning the business affairs of the Firm, its staff, and clients
- Portray the Firm in a professional manner through appearance, conduct, and attitude