Accountant, Financial Control - Hybrid
About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
As a Northern Trust employee (Partner), you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve.
Northern Trust is committed to working with and providing adjustments to individuals with health conditions and disabilities. If you would benefit from adjustments for any part of the employment process, please inform the recruiter to discuss your individual requirements.
We strive to have a globally diverse workforce where engagement and inclusion drive business excellence. We believe in the power of collaborative partnerships and are proud to work with a number of organisations across EMEA who provide us with ongoing knowledge, education and insights to support our efforts.
We monitor our progress by participating in market benchmarks which assess industry best practice and are delighted to have received a Silver Award from the Mind Workplace Wellbeing Index over two consecutive years, and a Gold Award from the UK Ministry of Defence Employer Recognition Scheme.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an Accountant within the Limerick Financial Control team. This permanent role will play an integral part within the team and will be responsible for completing financial control processes, report production, timely issue resolution and providing ad-hoc support as required to the EMEA regional finance teams. The team are responsible for the production of monthly management accounts, completing the month end close process and the statutory accounts production for a number of EMEA legal entities.
The successful candidate will work with a variety of operations and other Finance teams to understand the business and ensure that the books and records accurately reflect the business undertaken, with adherence requirements to accounting policy and local GAAP for the relevant legal entities.
Why chose this role?
This role offers the right candidate an excellent opportunity to join a fast paced team and develop their experience and knowledge within a growing company. The successful candidate will work closely with other Partners and collaborate with many teams and departments within Northern Trust.
- Complete the production of the monthly management accounts for a number of legal entities.
- Produce the reconciliations and ensure all documentation and accounting is completed in line with corporate requirements and policies.
- Produce month end analytics and trend data to assist with the review and validation of financial results.
- Completion of annual statutory accounts for a number of legal entities, provide inputs and information to the audit process and work with the auditors to complete the audit process and finalise the statutory accounts.
- Respond to and resolve queries on a timely basis from the Business and Finance colleagues as they arise.
- Completion of a number of centralised financial processes and accounting operations for the EMEA region.
- Work with the EMEA Financial Control team in Limerick to implement standardised process improvements identified in day to day activities.
- Provide technical input to systems and business process projects as required.
- Work with Finance teams in other locations.
Skills / Experience
- Ability to work as part of a team in the region and as part of the broader EMEA Finance team.
- Self-starter with an ability to self-motivate.
- Strong planning and organisational skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Highly numerate with strong analytical skills and high attention to detail.
- Ability to assess issues, identify solutions and problem solve.
- Ability to react and respond on a timely basis.
- Ability to adapt and react positively in a changing and dynamic work environment.
- Flexible approach towards changing work methods, deadlines and variable workloads.
- Qualified accountant (preferable ACA / ACCA) with several years post qualified experience in a multi-currency financial services environment.
- Experienced background in a corporate financial control environment with a sound knowledge of accounting, reporting and financial control requirements as well as statutory and audit requirements.
- Experience in dealing with stakeholders across multiple locations.
- Experience of US GAAP or IFRS would be an advantage.
- Advanced level of IT skills notably MS office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Visio).
Working with Us:
We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world’s most admired and ethical companies. In return, we will support you with your personal and career goals in a number of ways:
Financial – Life Assurance, Disability Plan, Pension/ Gratuity, Annual Pay Review
Work Life Balance – Flexible Work Options, Incremental Annual Leave, Community Volunteer Days
Health & Wellbeing – Private Medical Insurance, Active Sports & Social clubs (lunchtime and after-work groups), Employee Assistance Program
Professional Development – Clear Career Path, Education Assistance, Recognition Programme, NT University (wide range of online, virtual & in-house training options) and employee-led Business Resource Councils dedicated to diversity and inclusion initiatives.
We hope you’re excited about the role and the opportunity to work with us.
We value an inclusive workplace and understand flexibility means different things to different people.
Apply today and talk to us about your flexible working requirements and together we can achieve greater.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.