Consultant, Tax Transparent Funds - Hybrid
About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
As a Northern Trust employee (Partner), you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve.
Northern Trust is committed to working with and providing adjustments to individuals with health conditions and disabilities. If you would benefit from adjustments for any part of the employment process, please inform the recruiter to discuss your individual requirements.
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why Forbes ranked us the top employer for Diversity in 2018.
The Tax Transparent Funds (TTF) Hub supports all aspects of service delivery to TTF clients – with structures in Ireland, the UK, the Netherlands, and in Luxembourg. We connect with various teams across Northern Trust including Fund Accounting, Transfer Agency, Custody, Tax Operations, Product, New Business Teams, the Relationship and Client Servicing Teams, and also with the clients and their investors. Northern Trust has a great reputation as market leader in Tax Transparent Funds and the TTF Hub is an important aspect of this.
Reporting to the Team Lead, this role involves supporting clients and their investors throughout the on-boarding phase and into the lifecycle of being involved in TTFs, and on maintaining and supporting the operating model for TTFs. This role is both operational and client focused. Overtime, the successful candidate will build on their current knowledge level, and will become an expert in many of the TTF nuances.
Why choose this Role on the Tax Transparent Funds team?
- The TTF Hub involves many areas of our business but also gives the opportunity to deal directly with clients, and their investors.
- This role involves variety, challenge, initiative, and offers the opportunity to be involved in a team that has a blend of experience, knowledge, skills, and enthusiasm.
- TTFs have seen significant growth over recent years, and are also seeing development as they enter the next generation of product development, and this is an opportunity to stay close to that progression.
- Working with clients and investors through the on-boarding phase
- Completing tracker documents for clients and investors, sharing with clients and internally as appropriate
- Supporting clients and investors on an ongoing daily basis
- Monitoring key elements of the Operating Model ensuring timelines are met
- Liaising internally across multiple teams and jurisdictions
- Setting up, maintaining, and understanding, internal infrastructure fundamental to the operation of the TTFs
- Proactively focus on service and process improvements, getting involved with any ad hoc projects that arise
- Oversee all aspects of shared services delivery to TTF clients
The successful candidate will benefit from having:
- Previous financial services experience
- Demonstrated client service experience
- Ability to absorb and comprehend new concepts and prioritise day to day workload
- Analytic and reporting capability, with excellent attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to build strong working relationships
- Strong communication and organisational skills
We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world’s most admired and ethical companies. In return, we will support you with your personal and career goals in a number of ways:
Financial – Life Assurance, Disability Plan, Pension/ Gratuity, Annual Pay Review
Work Life Balance – Flexible Work Options, Incremental Annual Leave, Community Volunteer Days
Health & Wellbeing – Private Medical Insurance, Active Sports & Social clubs (lunchtime and after-work groups), Employee Assistance Program
Professional Development – Clear Career Path, Education Assistance, Recognition Programme, NT University (wide range of online, virtual & in-house training options) and employee-led Business Resource Councils dedicated to diversity and inclusion initiatives.For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.