EMEA Tax Compliance AVP
- Work in the Tax department of one of the world’s top tier Financial Institutions and gain first-hand insight of our business
- A desirable compensation and benefits package including eligibility for an annual bonus
- Professional development opportunities including access to Morgan Stanley’s world-class internal trainings
- Enriching challenges that provide opportunity for constant learning and advancement
- A supportive and vibrant diverse environment, we are inclusive of individual backgrounds and leverage them to foster our work environment and culture
- Manage corporate income tax compliance and reporting within UK and Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA) which includes
- preparation and submission of UK corporate income tax returns
- oversight and management of non-UK corporate income tax return submissions
- calculating and instructing tax payments
- calculating and instructing relevant corporate income tax and deferred tax accounting entries
- management of tax authority audits, and
- calculating and reviewing quarterly effective tax rates for US GAAP and IFRS reporting
- Drive innovation and process efficiency improvements
- Work collaboratively across the wider tax, finance and other teams delivering on several projects and manage risk
Manage and develop staff, offering technical and non-technical training and support
This is an excellent opportunity for a tax manager to join the EMEA tax department of a prestigious multi-national bank. The EMEA Tax Department is responsible for Corporate Tax, Indirect Tax, Business Unit Tax Advisory, US Tax Reporting and Global Tax Risk with offices in London, Glasgow, Frankfurt and Budapest. Members work closely across the EMEA region and with the NY and Asia offices. Also, with wider Finance, Treasury and Legal Departments.
The Firm Tax team oversees Corporate Tax compliance reporting and accounting in 25 jurisdictions across EMEA. The candidate will have responsibility for a portfolio of companies and processes, both within the UK and across the EMEA region, and will lead / contribute to various strategic projects e.g. corporate restructuring, acquisitions, disposals, regulatory changes etc.
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. Morgan Stanley provides a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, achieve and grow.
Interested in flexible working opportunities? Morgan Stanley empowers employees to have greater freedom of choice through flexible working arrangements. Speak to our recruitment team to find out more.
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximize their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing, and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.
- Proficient UK Corporation Tax compliance knowledge and experience.
- Relevant professional accountancy or tax qualification (including ACCA/CIMA/CA or ATT/CTA)
- 5+ years of UK Corporation tax work experience in Practice or Industry
- Supported a team, provided training and motivated others
- Ability and willingness to work with virtual teams across varying regions towards the achievement of common goals
- Aptitude for working in a swiftly changing, dynamic environment
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Self-motivated personality with high standards for quality of work, controls, and accuracy
- Proficiency in MS Office (Excel, PowerPoint, and Word)
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.