Description of business unit
This role is in the Retail Payments team within Treasury and Corporate Services (TCS).
The teams within Retail Payments are responsible for the monitoring and processing of Inward and Outward Payments for Retail and Global Markets (GM) Customers and also queries on payments from other Business Units, Foreign Banks and Customers. The Payments Teams work to strict cut offs to ensure the completion of all payments ensuring no negative impact to our customers or other business units
We are currently looking to recruit for our Payment Investigations Team.
Purpose of the Role
The team are responsible for handling and resolving queries in relation to Inward and Outward payments. The purpose of the team is to ensure all queries relating to payments are dealt with as quickly and efficiently as possible, thus ensuring that losses for ourselves and our customers are kept to a minimum and that the highest level of service quality is provided.
The team act as liaison with stakeholders internally and externally throughout the group. Queries are received into the team from other Business Units and direct from customers.
- Prompt resolution of queries
- To maintain all assigned queries and ensure these files are traced weekly and kept to a minimum.
- Monitoring of Payment Queues
- Working closely with Key stakeholders ensuring an excellent level of customer service is provided
- Adherence to Operational and Key controls
- Identify and drive improvement within current processes.
- Preparation of Monthly MIS
- Oversee activity carried out by the offshore team
- Escalation of payment issues and unreconciled items
What is the opportunity
This role will provide an excellent development opportunity and will suit an ambitious and self-motivated individual seeking to work in a professional, dynamic and fast paced environment.
- Knowledge of Payment procedures and cut offs
- Understanding of reconciliations and audits
Essential Skills & Experience
- 6+ Months Banking Experience
- Excellent accuracy & attention to Detail
- Good numerical skills
- Flexibility and ability to multi-task
- Good problem solving skills
- Adherence to procedures & controls
- Quick Learner
- Ability to use own initiative
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Ability to work as part of a team and also at times to work alone to solve an issue
- Flexibility & ability to manage multiple priorities
Desirable Qualifications, Skills & Experience
- Previous experience on a deadline driven team
- Relevant 3rd Level Qualification
- Good Excel knowledge
- Customer Focused - Self
- One Group, one team - Self
- Agile - Self
- Accountable - Self
- Manage Risk - Self
Where Agency assistance is required Bank of Ireland Recruitment Team will engage directly with suppliers. Unsolicited CVs / profiles supplied to Bank of Ireland by Recruitment Agencies will not be accepted for this role.
Bank of Ireland Group is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to fostering an inclusive workplace which values and benefits from the diversity of our workforce.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.