Accounts (Business Services) Executive
Exeter or Torquay
We are looking for an ambitious Qualified or Part Qualified accountant to join our expanding Corporate and Business Services (CBS) team. This role can be based from either our Exeter or Torquay offices.
Our CBS team work with some of the South West’s most exciting Owner Managed Businesses. With turnovers of £2-£8million, you will get to build long standing relationships with your clients and will actively contribute towards the success of their businesses.
Responsible for the delivery of a range of compliance related services (Management & Financial Accounts, VAT & Corporate Tax Returns), you will be undertaking challenging and stimulating work on a daily basis.
As part of the role, we will develop your skills and knowledge to enable you to quickly progress your career to Manager level and beyond.
You would be joining one of the South West’s leading employers that is ranked as one of the Top 5 Best Accounting Firms to Work For.
Full study support will be offered if required.
Day to day responsibilities will include:
- Preparation of management and financial accounts
- Production of VAT and Corporate Tax returns
- Identifying and delivering advisory services that may benefit your clients. This may include areas such as cloud accounting and systems support, Making Tax Digital as well as corporate and personal tax planning
- Participating in business development activities such as being part of our sector specific funnel groups
- Coaching and developing junior members of the team
There is scope to mould this role to the experience and motivations of the appointed candidate.
What we are looking for
To be considered for the role, you will need to have the following skills and experience:
- ACA/ACCA Qualified or Part Qualified (or equivalent)
- Accounts preparation experience gained from within a fast-paced accountancy practice environment
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills that enable you to build rapport with people at various levels
- Strong organisational skills and the ability to work well under pressure
Please contact Hazel Tucker; Partner if you would like to discuss this opportunity further.
We welcome applicants who would like the flexibility in their working arrangements, including working from home or part time working, which may help to accommodate parent or carer responsibilities, further studies and activities outside of work.
We are committed to welcoming new people into an inclusive working environment, where everyone is given equal opportunity to reach their full potential. We support a culture where people are valued and treated fairly with respect and differences are understood and celebrated.
The more varied our workforce, the broader the expertise within our business. The broader our expertise, the greater our chances of innovation and success. That's why we're committed to equality of opportunity, diversity and inclusion at every level.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.