Senior Manager - Performance Reporting
About the Team
The Financial Services division, led by the Group CFO, partners with all areas of the Commonwealth Bank to provide financial control and specialist advice on financial management and strategy. This advice covers finance, audit, treasury, investor relations, security and property. This is a great opportunity to be working alongside our CFO and Senior Management team in Technology & Operations finance
Technology & Operations (Tech & Ops) Finance is responsible for the provision of financial control and management services to both the Technology Division and the Chief Operations Office.
The Technology division delivers the Group’s information technology capability with a strong focus on technology innovation. Operations delivers banking operations functions to ensure the highest levels of customer service through world-class process excellence.
We work closely with our stakeholders to help them understand their technology and operations costs and deliver current and future strategic and financial plans.
Tech & Ops Finance’s mission is to “influence strategic outcomes through transparent insights and passionate people”.
See yourself in our team
Your team forms part of the wider Tech & Ops Finance Team of approximately 90 people and provides management information & financial reporting to the Tech & Ops CFO, CBA CIO & Leadership Team and Group Finance.
Your team’s primary roles is to:
- Provide insights, analysis and advice in relation to past and future financial performance
- Provide robust financial control and effective management reporting
- Provide decision support and reporting for Technology strategic initiatives and investment programs
- Develop and deliver meaningful insights to drive better business outcomes and provide commercial support, including cost optimisation and simplification
- Provide guidance and advice to the business leaders on the financial performance of the business, the financial plans and forecasts and the financial impacts of change initiatives
Key duties will include (but not limited to):
This role is responsible for the coordination and delivery of the month end process including consolidation, management reporting and financial reporting for Technology and Operations.
This is a key role to assist the Tech & Ops CFO to manage a $3bn annual spend across two divisions of CBA. The role has a high profile in a dynamic & fast-paced environment, often managing multiple deliverables and will involve regular interactions & influence across Tech & Ops Finance and Group Finance.
We're interested in hearing from people who have
- Direct people leadership experience with superior planning and organisational skills
- CA or CPA qualified (or equivalent) with around 5yrs post qualification experience
- Experience in a central finance role running a month end process
- Commercial finance experience ideally from major bank or large corporate
- Technology Sector experience highly valued but not essential
- Excellent communicator (verbal & written) with ability to interact effectively with senior management and manage senior stakeholders
- Commercial acumen, able to understand and articulate the bigger picture and link back to financials
- Ability to shape and drive resolution of issues, track record of delivery and driving outcomes
- Strong interpersonal skills, great proactive and collaborative attitude
- Strong people leader, ability to build a strong team culture, develop team capability, prioritise & manage workload, elevate team performance
In Financial Services we take a proactive approach to your career development. Your on-going development would be part of an integrated development plan. If you live the values and demonstrate the people capabilities we can offer great opportunities.
Whether you want to move across the organisation or up into a leadership role, the way you live the values and demonstrate the people capabilities are key. Use the capabilities required for this role as a guide to the critical skills and behaviours you need for your next move.
If you would like to hear more about this role please Apply.
The health and safety of our people, customers and communities is our number one priority. This means that we require all of our employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Please speak to us if you have any questions about this based on your individual circumstances.
If you're already part of the Commonwealth Bank Group (including Bankwest), you'll need to apply through Sidekick to submit a valid application. We’re keen to support you with the next step in your career.
We're aware of some accessibility issues on this site, particularly for screen reader users. We want to make finding your dream job as easy as possible, so if you require additional support please contact HR Direct on 1800 989 696.
Advertising End Date: 05/06/2022
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.