Capital Management - Treasury, Vice President
Who we are looking for
The Capital Management group within Global Treasury is responsible for the following functional areas: Capital Policy, Capital Planning, Capital Structure, Rating Agency relationships, Stress Testing and end-to-end program management for the Federal Reserve’s annual Comprehensive Capital Analysis and Review (CCAR) and for various entities of State Street, the Internal Capital Adequacy Assessments Process (ICAAP). This position is within the International Capital Management team.
The successful candidate will lead and manage State Street's Capital Adequacy Frameworks and legal entity specific stress testing programs (i.e. ICAAP) and will collaborate closely with key stakeholders across the organization, including Finance, Risk, Treasury, Business (First Line of Defense) and others. Beyond, you will present the ICAAP results to senior stakeholders.
Location of work will be London.
This role can be performed in a hybrid model, where you can balance work from home and office to match your needs and role requirements.
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining plays an important role in the overall success of the organization. Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. To make that happen we need teams like yours to help navigate employees and the organization as a whole. In your role you will strive for cutting-edge solutions, that are straightforward and scalable. You will help us build resilience and execute day to day deliverables at our best. Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
As Capital Management VP, you will
- Manage the team covering all aspects of Capital Adequacy assessments. This includes but is not limited to: Preparation and project managing of the ICAAPs, Capital and Wind Down Plans
- Act as the main liaison point of contact for the FCA in relation to ICAAPs and SREP’s.
- Present capital assessment, dividend proposals and other capital related topics to relevant regional Board and committee meetings serving as they capital subject matter expert
- Proactively suggest and implement process improvements
- Support business initiatives collaborating with peers to assess capital impacts
- Lead and manage ad-hoc analyses as requested by senior management and regulators
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role
- Keen interest in macroeconomic and market stress emerging risks
- Experience in conveying complex concepts through presentations to diverse groups across the organization, including senior management committees and Boards
- Ability to think creatively when faced with challenges whether its project managing towards a deliverable date or reviewing outcome of capital adequacy results
- Strong understanding of financial modelling and analytical skills with comfort in reviewing and interpreting the output of capital and/or forecasting models
- High degree of attention to detail and focus on error-free execution and ability to work under pressure to meet agreed upon deliverable dates
- Strong oral and written communication skills
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Master’s or Bachelor’s degree with a concentration in business, finance, economics or accounting
- Strong decisive results oriented individual with leadership capabilities
- Excellent communication and presentation skills. The individual will be interacting with Senior Management and Regulators
- In depth project management experience
- 8+ years experience in financial services with exposure to capital management, and capital forecasting, finance, or risk management
- Ability to set and implement strategic vision for the function
- Thrives working in a fast paced challenging international environment with multiple and competing priorities
- Proficient in MS Office, particularly Excel and PowerPoint
Are you the right candidate? Yes!
We truly believe in the power that comes from the diverse backgrounds and experiences our employees bring with them. Although each vacancy details what we are looking for, we don’t necessarily need you to fulfil all of them when applying. If you like change and innovation, seek to see the bigger picture, make data driven decisions and are a good team player, you could be a great fit.
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.