Transfer Agent - Investor Services, Associate 2
Who we are looking for:
The Investor and Distributor Services Team associate is to ensure that all queries are dealt with efficiently, accurately and professionally. The Investor and Distributor Services Team associate is an integral part of ensuring that quality service is delivered to assigned clients and all actions must be considered as part of this overall goal. Achieving quality of service is a team effort and the Investor and Distributor Services associate needs to function at all times as a team player and ensure other members of the team do so too.
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of International Financial Data Services (IFDS). IFDS is a world-leading provider of outsourcing and technology solutions to the financial services industry. With its global headquarters in Toronto, IFDS services over 240 financial organizations around the world, providing solutions to a wide range of global asset managers, wealth managers, banks, and insurance companies. IFDS is present in North America, EMEA and APAC.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
As Transfer Agent- Client Service Specialist Associate-2 you will:
- Successfully attended final second-level education (BAC+2 minimum) or equivalent professional qualification.
- University degree in accounting, banking, finance or business administration will be considered as a plus.
- Fluent in English, both written & oral.
- Additional languages (e.g. German, Dutch, Italian, Portuguese and/or Spanish) are assets.
- Advanced computing skills (MS Office: Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access and Outlook…)
- At least three years to five years relevant working experience in Transfer Agency or Financial Services
- Enthusiastic and eager to learn
- Strong client focus
- Strong communication skills - adapting style to audience and including senior levels both internally and externally.
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role:
- Excellent administrative, organisational and business support skills, with the ability to multi-task and to work calmly under pressure.
- Demonstrate logical, analytical, critical and process thinking to identify, analyse and evaluate complex problems / issues.
- Maintains open communication channels with clients, peers and the Management.
- Initiate problem recovery, correction strategies, procedural and process enhancements; takes concrete steps to prevent and to reduce error reoccurrences in the future.
- Strongly adhere to existing procedures and controls in place and pro-actively react when foreseeing issues.
- Demonstrate logical and analytical abilities in order to identify, analyze and evaluate complex situations and contribute to their timely escalation and resolution
- Be prepared to achieve and strive to exceed minimum standards in line with KPIs, SLAs & Key Result Areas, both in terms of quality, productivity and accuracy of information given to the customer.
- Good knowledge of the company and interdependencies between Client Services and other business functions
- Function at all times as a team player to build a positive atmosphere of co-operation within the department and where all team members are engaged.
- Think outside the box, proactive approach and goes always the extra mile to ensure top service is provided to external and internal clients.
- Self-motivated, organised and flexible to new ideas
- Strong issue resolution skills with a focus on risk controls and add value to the end client experience.
- Initiate sharing of ideas, processes, client requirements and knowledge through effective proactive assistance to team members, maintain also adequate documentation for reference.
- Acting as a mentor to junior staff and provide coaching under the supervision of the Team Leader and Manger
- Excellent attention to detail, while appreciating the bigger picture
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
As part of State Street pre-hire background screening process, we apply a risk-based approach to determine the requirement of carrying out such checks on candidates, including criminal record checks. This role is judged to be sufficiently sensitive to warrant carrying out a criminal record check. By applying for this job you are consenting to State Street completing background checks including criminal record checks.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.