SEC Reporting, Vice President
Who we are looking for
State Street Corporation’s Finance division is seeking a Vice President, SEC Reporting to provide experience and leadership within the SEC Reporting Team. The SEC Reporting Team is responsible for the preparation of the Company’s annual and quarterly filings with the SEC, including earnings materials and the Forms 10-Q and 10-K, as well as periodic 8-K filings. The SEC Reporting Team interacts with senior management across State Street, including Global Accounting Policy, Investor Relations, Finance, Legal and various business partners. This role provides a great transition into a corporate role from public accounting for someone looking to take the next step in their career.
The successful candidate must be a strong, decisive, results-oriented person who can provide leadership within the SEC Reporting Team and develop and manage relationships across State Street and with a wide variety of associates, based on trust, teamwork and knowledge. Strong management, verbal and written communication skills are required.
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining plays an important role in the overall success of the organization. Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. To make that happen we need teams like yours to help navigate employees and the organization as a whole. In your role you will strive for cutting-edge solutions, that are straightforward and scalable. You will help us build resilience and execute day to day deliverables at our best. Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
- Provide SEC accounting, reporting and XBRL expertise to lead State Street’s SEC reporting function, taking responsibility for the accurate and timely filing of all applicable SEC reports, including the Annual Report on Form 10-K, Quarterly Reports on Form 10-Q, Current Reports on Form 8-K, as well as other filings as needed
- Provide management and supervisory oversight of staff, including on-the-job training, review of work papers and related disclosures, performance evaluations etc.
- Understand significant accounting transactions and promulgations and be able to communicate them in financial statement presentation and disclosures
- Be a key source of support within the group to ensure sustained career growth and staff development; support a collaborative environment that recognizes individual skill sets, fosters cross-functional initiatives and addresses developmental needs
- Maintain a strong collaborative relationship with the Controllership function globally, including many sites outside the United States
- Ability to build relationships and work in a collaborative environment with Investor Relations, internal legal counsel, Corporate Marketing, Regulatory Reporting, Global Accounting, independent auditors and other parties
- Participate in various groups to share common information and influence accounting standards setters, such as COBAR, AICPA, industry working groups or others
- Work in a fast-paced, challenging environment with multiple and competing priorities
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role
- Minimum of 10-12 years of experience, preferably at a large financial services company, including SEC Reporting and / or public accounting experience
- Subject matter expertise in accounting and finance with strong technical knowledge of the financial services industry accounting and reporting
- Direct experience with SEC reporting
- Experience with XBRL preferred
- Proven track record of advancement, managerial and business success
- Strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- High level of interpersonal skills & integrity
- Complex problem resolution and management expertise
Education & preferred qualifications
Education: Bachelor’s degree required
Professional Licenses: CPA preferred
Are you the right candidate? Yes!
We truly believe in the power that comes from the diverse backgrounds and experiences our employees bring with them. Although each vacancy details what we are looking for, we don’t necessarily need you to fulfil all of them when applying. If you like change and innovation, seek to see the bigger picture, make data driven decisions and are a good team player, you could be a great fit.
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
COVID-19 Protocols: Complying with State Street’s COVID-19 protocols is a condition of employment. Those requirements may vary depending on circumstances and legal requirements, and may include, without limitation, a requirement to be vaccinated (or have an accommodation), to disclose vaccination status, to provide evidence of vaccination status, etc.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.