Emerging Lead - Custody Operations
AIS Custody Services Operations
Job title: AIS Custody Services, Emerging Lead
Reports to: Officer
- To supervise the Custody process in accordance with internal controls and procedures. Minimum 1 + years in core Custody operations (preferably trade settlement/trade processing). Provide support during US market hours, should be comfortable with Night Shift.
- Good understanding about end to end of the Trade Life Cycle and intermediaries involved.
- Book trades accurately and in a timely manner. Communicates fail trade information as directed. Reconcile outstanding items.
- Eye for detail and good in reviewing instructions, should be able to accurately and timely review the trades.
- Knowledge about trade elements such as Security identification, transaction type, counterparty and other trade matching parameters.
- Supervise the research and resolution of exceptions and inquiries related trade processing & Trade Settlement.
- As it’s a client facing role the candidate Should have the ability to communicate clearly with all levels of professionals both internally and externally. Therefore, exceptional interpersonal and communication skills are required
- Understanding about SWIFT messages and different message type, different tags and their importance.
- Knowledge about clearing houses and depositories.
- Experience in handling in client queries related to trade processing & trade settlement.
- Should be able to coordinate well with the onshore for trainings and other job responsibilities.
- Managing day to day volume and delivering tasks as per the SLA
- Provide timely accurate management reporting and issue log maintenance, under moderate supervision
- Coordinate and supervise work efforts when multiple Associates are needed to complete work
- Participate in projects as well as prepare and verify information for those various projects/special requests as directed
- Oversee the adherence to Standard Operating Procedures
- Coordinate effective and timely flow of critical information to all relevant parties and follows up on administrative details within the department
- Knowledge about different types of trade such as RVP, DVP, RFP, DFP, etc.
- Basic knowledge about DTC, FED, Euro Clear and Clear Stream would require for this role
- Knowledge about calculation of gain/loss of a trade (cost basis)
- Understanding about processing deal slip
- Knowledge about trade settlement and reasons for failure of trade
- Should be able to work under stringent deadline situations
- Mailbox management and to ensure all actionable completed within the deadline
- Work in conjunction with individuals on the team, other shared services/COEs, India and Onshore to ensure seamless processing of custody related processing.
- Process trade settlement information within deadlines and comply with all FTTOP requirements
- Process collateral/assets segregated as instructed
- Maintain records in support of audits
- Consults with manager where clarification or exception to policy may be required
- Other duties as assigned.
Academy and experience required:
- Bachelor’s degree with a preferred concentration in Accounting/Finance or relevant work experience
- Working knowledge of Excel and other Microsoft Office applications
- Highly self-driven sense of motivation
- Naturally curious, passionate and Strong analytical Skills
- Strong accuracy aptitude and detail orientation
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.