Established in the 1930s as a trading business, Al-Futtaim Group today is one of the most diversified and progressive, privately held regional businesses headquartered in Dubai, United Arab Emirates. Structured into five operating divisions; automotive, financial services, real estate, retail and healthcare; employing more than 35,000 employees across more than 20 countries in the Middle East, Asia and Africa, Al-Futtaim Group partners with over 200 of the world's most admired and innovative brands. Al-Futtaim Group’s entrepreneurship and relentless customer focus enables the organization to continue to grow and expand; responding to the changing needs of our customers within the societies in which we operate.
By upholding our values of respect, excellence, collaboration and integrity; Al-Futtaim Group continues to enrich the lives and aspirations of our customers each and every day
Overview of the role:
This role will support the Sr. Finance Manager – Automotive FP&A with respect to divisional budgeting, forecasting & reporting.
What you will do:
Budgeting and Forecasting
Support in the preparation of budgets for GDA in conjunction with the commercial business department to ensure reliability of the key assumptions. Control and monitoring of operating budget, investigating variances where necessary. Support the re-forecasting the budget during quarterly financial reviews recommending upward or downward adjustments considering market conditions and business requirements.
To support Finance managers, manage and maintain month end actual reporting process, budgeting, forecasting and strategic planning submissions, ensuring accuracy, integrity, and timeliness.
- Support with the budgeting and forecasting calendar, and process
- Support with the budgeting and forecasting templates and requirements
- Review budgets by LE (P&L, BS, and Cash Flow) and Profit Centre (P&L, WC, CapEx) for:
- Group Functions and Group Consolidation
- Division Functions and Divisional Consolidation
- BUs within existing Divisions
- Incubated Businesses – New Sectors
Support budget challenge reviews (review outputs, scrutinize assumptions and drivers, assess sensitivity of drivers) for:
- BUs within existing Divisions
- Incubated Businesses – New Sectors
- Support in defining the budget cost recharges and allocation framework for:
- Group services provided to business
- Division services provided to business
- Shared services provided to business
Support in ensuring the true-up is completed two time per year and reflected correctly in business forecast.
Support management reporting process, cadence, and overall framework
Support and maintain minimum KPIs and Metrics to be reported on a periodic basis at the level of:
- Perform analysis; prepare standalone and aggregated periodic management rep. packs
- Group and Incubated Businesses - New Sectors
Conduct periodic business performance review for performance at the level of:
- Incubated Businesses - New Sectors
Strategic Planning and Capital Allocation
Support the develop of strategic plan & its financial implications
Support to Identify and drive cross business synergies as an input to strategic planning process
- Across Divisions
- Across BUs within a Division
Support strategic plan challenge sessions, at the level of:
Portfolio Performance Review
Periodically analyse country wise performance / exposure of the business
Division wise within a country
Periodically analyse and categorise portfolio into the portfolio segments, as per the framework (e.g., performing – stable, growth; non-performing – turnaround, exit)
Perform divestment impact / feasibility analysis for businesses:
- Within Country
- Within Division
Commercial Finance and Business Support Analysis
- Support in analysis of Investments and Capex
- Support in Principal analysis e.g., yen impact, payment terms
- Analysis of Inventory, Sales (Pricing) and GM by channel
- Prepare analysis by Showroom / Facility using dashboards.
- PCP and lease analysis
- Support in Strategic sourcing and cost optimization opportunities
FP&A Financial Reporting Systems
- Understand the full end to end process of Group SAP BPC system, resolving reconciliation differences to VC’s BIW, IFRP and advise on enhancements
- Understand the full end to end process of Auto SAP BPC system (IFRP), resolving reconciliation differences to VC’s BIW, Group BPC and advise on enhancements
- Understand the full end to end process of Group VC’s BI system, resolving reconciliation differences to IFRP, Group BPC and advise on enhancements
- Provide training to end users on all FP&A systems mentioned above
Understand the full end to end process of IFRP dashboards using tableau and Alteryx, resolving data reconciliation differences and advise on enhancements
Understand the full end to end process of IFRP dashboards using Power BI, resolving data reconciliation differences and advise on enhancements.
Required skills and experience to be successful:
- Qualified in Finance, Accounting, or business MBA.
- 4—5 years relevant experience
- Excellent communication, analytical, written, and interpersonal skills, and proven ability to work with global finance teams.
- Established record in managing multiple and competing priorities. Ability to meet deadlines and work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Strong capabilities in complex financial modelling
About Al-Futtaim Automotive
A major division of the UAE-based Al-Futtaim Group of companies, Al-Futtaim Automotive is an industry leader with presence in 10 countries across the Middle East, Asia and Africa.
Our core business activities at Al-Futtaim Automotive include distribution, manufacturing, leasing and aftersales, and we are firmly established as the regional representative of some of the world’s most iconic automotive brands: Toyota, Lexus, Honda, Jeep, Chrysler, Dodge, Volvo and RAM.
We are driven by a customer-centric approach, constantly pushing the boundaries on innovation, quality standards, and value-added service across our vast universe of customers - right from motoring enthusiasts to fleet operators to contractors. Our mission is to become the leader in custom-made mobility solutions by delivering nothing less than world-class omni-channel experiences.
We channel our local expertise and global trust to deliver one of the most comprehensive portfolios of mobility products and solutions, from passenger cars to SUVs, electric vehicles to high-performance motorbikes, commercial vehicles to industrial & construction equipment.
What keeps the company moving forward is a 9000-member strong team, with inspiring possibilities for growth, throughout the career path. This is Al-Futtaim Automotive and we empower talent to move forward.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.