Transfer Agent, Registration Tax Reporting, Associate 2
Who we are looking for:
The Registration Tax Team Associate 2 is responsible for the verification before submission to the tax authorities of FATCA, CRS, 1099 regulatory reports. The role also involves the provision of timely and accurate information to Clients and Management on tax and regulatory reporting as well as support to the Registration team on any investor tax related matter.
The successful candidate will form part of the Registration Tax Team and will contribute to the integration of the team into the wider Registration department.
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of International Financial Data Services (IFDS). IFDS is a world-leading provider of outsourcing and technology solutions to the financial services industry. With its global headquarters in Toronto, IFDS services over 240 financial organizations around the world, providing solutions to a wide range of global asset managers, wealth managers, banks, and insurance companies. IFDS is present in North America, EMEA and APAC.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
As Registration-Tax Reporting Team Associate 2 you will:
- Working within the Registration Tax Team will have responsibility for the timely and accurate completion of FATCA and CRS returns including generating test files, liaising with operational teams to rectify error messages, managing Client interactions and submitting the final returns to the Tax Authority(ies).
- Annual completion of the Regulatory filing to the applicable Tax Authorities for investment funds.
- Oversight of the outsourced functions
- Quality check and validation of monthly investors’ tax related reporting before sending to clients
- Act as the first point of contact for any investor tax related matter
- Build strong working relationships with management and staff across all functions to achieve regulatory and reporting objectives
- Actively contribute to Registration-wide initiatives and focus groups.
- Engage in projects within your team and the Registration department including, but not limited to, new tax or regulatory changes, client on-boarding, system testing, etc.
- Create detailed documentation outlining report criteria and provide recommendations to the requestor based on the results of the report.
- Provide reporting support to any project/project team as necessary.
- Focus on developing reports not linked to customer requirements which will add value to the business.
- Acting as a mentor to junior staff and provide coaching under the supervision of the Manager.
The role will report into a Team Leader and/or Manager.
The role will have no management responsibilities.
- The role will deliver against individual goals that the manager has set for the team/individual.
- The role will understand that these in turn, deliver to the team goals and strategy.
- The role holder will understand that any financial spend will need to be authorised by the Team Manager.
- The role will be required to establish effective collaborative relations with internal colleagues and team manager.
Knowledge and Expertise
- The role will require a good understanding of the business processes relevant to their role, a good understanding of how these relate to the business processes within the overall team, and a basic commercial awareness.
Experience & Knowledge
- 1 – 3 years’ experience in the Financial Services industry.
- Procedural, technical and product knowledge of the TA business.
- Experience in identifying, investigating and resolving issues through a problem solving approach.
- Must possess strong interpersonal, organisational & multi-tasking skills.
- Strong analytical, interpersonal, time management, research and communications (verbal and written) skills.
- Experience working on projects.
- Broad understanding of the wider funds industry, e.g. fund accounting, custody etc.
- Fluent in English with strong language skills as clear preference
- Additional languages (e.g. German, French, Luxembourgish, Italian and/or Spanish) are considered assets.
- Manages risk within their individual role by following set procedures and understands that the impact of such risk may include financial and reputational damage to team.
- Demonstrates integrity in making decisions within the framework of their role.
- The role will lead by example for newer members of the team. For those with more experience in the role, this might include some work shadowing to help train those who are new to the role.
- Demonstrates commitment to IFDS Group Values.
- Demonstrates commitment to the ACE scheme where relevant.
- Encourages immediate colleagues to a high level of performance to meet immediate team objectives/targets.
- Understands that their work may impact on the work of other team members and ensures tasks are completed to a high quality and in a timely manner.
- Effective communication skills will be required with the ability to exchange information on a regular basis.
- May provide on-the-job training/support to new team members.
- Has a good understanding of work routines and procedures in own job.
- Delivers against goals and targets set by team manager, acting within well-defined procedures.
- Able to implement changes to the way tasks are completed, as guided by team manager and defined within procedures and processes.
- Good understanding of own goals/targets and processes/procedures which impact on own role. Has ability to suggest improvements to these processes/procedures.
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.