Fund Accounting Officer
What you will be responsible for
As Officer you will;
- Ensure excellent level of service provided to all clients serviced by the team
- Oversight of the NAV calculation process and ensuring accuracy of the NAV
- Timely escalation of issues
- Management of Client Reporting process
- Manage fund accounting project work
- Resolve client queries
- Ensure the accurate and timely completion of all assigned tasks
- Ensure that sufficient controls are in place for all deliverables
- Ensure that detailed procedures are in place for all tasks
- Responsible for training and development of new staff
- Work with manager to ensure appropriate allocation and sharing of work within team
- Continuously review processes to make sure best of breed tools are used and that processes are as efficient as possible to improve the processes and reduce risk of error
- Foster collaboration with colleagues, clients and external parties
- Communicate effectively internally and externally
- Assist team members in meeting their individual objectives
- Attend and contribute to client service calls
- Ad hoc projects as directed
- Enhance your skill set by availing of training resources and seeking to improve internal procedures through an intimate knowledge of the control and risk environment
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role
- Skilled communicator, both verbal and written
- Good numerical and analytical abilities
- Attention to detail crucial
- Methodical and organised
- Team player
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Good management skills
- Microsoft Office Experience
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Experience in a valuations environment is necessary.
- Expectation of experience in a similar role
- Professional qualification or degree in a related discipline would be beneficial
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.