Due Diligence Associate
The RSM Corporate Finance team has enjoyed a very successful few years and due to growth and expansion, an opportunity has arisen for a Transaction Services Associate to join our team.
We have a diverse portfolio of clients including work with a broad range of leading mid-market private equity houses and corporates active in M&A. Work includes a broad range of sectors including both buy side and sell side mandates. Projects also include cross border projects, both inbound and outbound, through our active relationships amongst the broader RSM International network.
Responsibilities of the role
To assist in the execution of financial due diligence assignments on both buy side and sell side transactions and support the team in new business generation:
- Leading smaller engagements processes reporting direct to the partner
- Performing financial analysis on target businesses for inclusion in due diligence reports
- Liaising with clients, target businesses and other professional advisors during execution of transactions
- Reviewing and analysing financial models
- Responsibility for managing junior team members
- Due diligence report writing (in Microsoft PowerPoint)
- Researching, preparing and supporting presentations/sales pitches for new business
- Relationship building with potential clients and intermediaries (private equity houses, banks and corporates)
Minimum QualificationsQualifications and Experience
It is our people that makes RSM what it is, and our commitment to people is paramount to our success. We have a culture of transparency and we remain people focussed and care about your professional and personal development. The team will support your training to be successful in this position; ideally you will be a qualified Chartered Accountant (or equivalent) and
- Exposure to due diligence is desirable but not essential.
- Genuine interest in, and enthusiasm for, understanding how businesses generate profits and cash including working capital cycles
- Report writing experience would be advantageous
- Displays high level of accuracy, diligence and integrity
- Commercially minded and a critical thinker
- Able to form relationships with wide range of people and strong team player
- Willing to travel as required
At RSM we work hard to create an environment where our people can make a difference - to themselves, their career, their teams, and to the success of our firm and clients. We support all our people to work flexibly, to manage their family and other responsibilities alongside their work commitments; we believe this is key to achieving an inspiring and fulfilling working environment.
Diversity and Inclusion at RSM
At RSM, inclusion and diversity are central to our values. We have an authentic focus on intentional inclusion, enabling our people to feel they can bring their whole self to work and ensuring everyone feels supported, respected and confident to make a valuable contribution.
To find out more, please visit our Diversity and Inclusion page on our Careers Website.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.