Corporate Tax Associate Director
About the firm and department
As one of the world’s largest networks of audit, tax and consulting firms, RSM will help you reach your full potential. You’ll work on an impressive client list, from growth-focused entrepreneurs to large, multi-national corporations. The variety of projects will challenge you every day, helping you expand your capabilities and grow professionally. Further to this, with access to a global team that spans more than 120 countries, you’ll have plenty of opportunity to broaden your horizons. Discover a culture that nurtures individuality and celebrates fresh thinking!
Our Basingstoke Corporate Tax Team services clients across a broad range of business types and sectors, and is growing. We work with companies ranging from owner-managed businesses and middle market organisations to large multinational groups, managing their tax affairs on the compliance side whilst also being trusted advisors on projects work as they make business decisions. You will work as part of this Basingstoke Team, feeding into the regional, national and international network of corporate tax specialists at RSM. With this in mind, and RSM's desire to achieve an inspiring and fulfilling working environment which compliments individuals' personal lives, an array of flexible and hybrid working arrangements are supported.
About the job
A fantastic opportunity to join a growing tax team at an incredibly exciting part of its growth journey. As a consequence of a number of recent hires and significant client wins, we are looking to enhance our team further with the addition of a Associate Tax Director (or experienced Manager) who is looking for an environment where they will have the opportunity to accelerate their knowledge, skills and development in a creative, entrepreneurial and supportive team, working with lots of fantastic clients along the way.
You will work on a varied portfolio of clients and groups, some with complex tax affairs, ensuring both excellent client service and identification of further work opportunities. The role will include undertaking the more complex compliance work, reviewing work undertaken by junior team members, and working on a variety of advisory projects. In addition, you will have the opportunity to assist senior staff by involvement in business development opportunities, proposals and networking events.
- Being an integral part of a high performing tax compliance and advisory team that supports and advises a range of interesting, fast growing and entrepreneurial companies and their owners, as well as larger corporates and international clients who operate in a range of sectors such as technology, manufacturing, life sciences, charities and retail to name just a few.
- Being a key part of the client service team for a variety of clients across these sectors and therefore you will quickly become a day to day contact for your clients, having regular dialogue with key members of the client’s team and working with the team to plan the delivery of work to clients.
- With assistance, building your external network of peers (client and non-client) and maintaining an understanding of the breadth of the firm’s capability and general business and economic factors relevant to our clients.
- Working closely with the partners and directors in the tax and other service lines to go out to market and supporting the business development activities in the region.
- Demonstrating your knowledge and experience of the local ecosystem, and being part of a team passionate about the growth of our business and the economy of the Southern Region.
- Working closely with your colleagues to deliver a high-quality corporation tax compliance service to your clients and addressing any queries or enquiries regarding tax filings or payments from HMRC.
- Providing value adding, technically accurate, clear and concise tax advice covering a range of technical issues relevant to your client’s business risks, challenges and opportunities. Such areas are likely to include: international expansion, transfer pricing, R&D tax relief, group & shareholder reorganisations, loss relief, tax treatment of interest, capital allowances and tax aspects of acquisitions & disposals.
- Liaising regularly with colleagues in other departments to assist them in providing a high quality service to their clients and identifying tax related risks and opportunities for their clients.
- Embracing the mindset of continual improvement in your skills, knowledge and capability for the benefit of our clients, and as part of your own development as well as others, providing coaching and g
About the ideal candidate
You will have solid corporate client advisory experience, effective team leadership and an interest and/or aptitude in business development. Opportunities for progression are open for the right candidate with excellent support for training and development needs.
- ACA qualified (or equivalent).
- CTA qualified preferred
- Significant experience at Manager or Senior Manager level in a professional firm.
- Proven experience in client handling and project management.
- Proven tax experience in producing high quality work within budget.
- Proven experience of, and interest in, business development and converting relationships into fee paying work.
At RSM we work hard to create an environment where our people can make a difference - to themselves, their career, their teams, and to the success of our firm and clients. We support all our people to work flexibly, to manage their family and other responsibilities alongside their work commitments; we believe this is key to achieving an inspiring and fulfilling working environment.
Diversity and Inclusion at RSM
At RSM, inclusion and diversity are central to our values. We have an authentic focus on intentional inclusion, enabling our people to feel they can bring their whole self to work and ensuring everyone feels supported, respected and confident to make a valuable contribution.
To find out more, please visit our Diversity and Inclusion page on our Careers Website.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.