Who we are looking for
Familiarity with financial securities markets, language and products are mandatory. Knowledge of UCITS V and AIFMD regulatory requirements an advantage.
They will be a point of contact within the business for the department’s activity. A major focus will be on depositary operating model considerations, department strategy, and adoption of new business. The candidate will be expected to ensure that the team executes client and internal deliverables to the highest quality and that SLA provisions and relevant KPIs are met, along with compliance with regulatory requirements and with the relevant short, medium and long-term goals, objectives and values of State Street.
Reporting to a Manager within Depositary Operations in Kilkenny, this permanent position offers an opportunity for the successful candidate to have a significant role in the Depositary department. This role will be based in our Kilkenny office.
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Services (SSGS). SSGS gives asset owners and managers access to the essential financial tools they need to deliver effective investment solutions. From core custody, accounting, fund administration and shareholder recordkeeping, to complete operations solutions and servicing for alternative assets like OTC derivatives, private equity and real estate, SSGS’ tools help our clients make better investment choices and act on growth opportunities.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
Purpose of Role :
- Reporting to Senior Associate / Officer in Depositary Oversight, this position is an opportunity for a suitable candidate to gain exposure to all areas of Depositary Oversight.
- Previous experience in structured products including derivatives would be a distinct advantage in addition to strong technical IT skills.
Major Responsibilities :
- Complete reviews in line with allocation
- To ensure timely and proper completion of tasks.
- Review and comment on draft prospectuses and financial statements
- Devising work programs and schedules
- Assisting the manager in selecting potential team members.
- Review of portfolio of funds to ensure compliance with Regulatory investment restriction and borrowing power limits on a daily and monthly basis.
- Ensuring breaches are rectified in a timely manner on the regulatory log once resolved.
- Responding to client queries in accordance with department requirements.
- Testing of compliance monitoring systems and reporting thereon.
- Review of Fund NAV component including distributions and performance fees paid by funds that they are being processed in accordance with regulatory requirements and fund documentation
- Assist with review of the operational departments in order to ensure funds are being administered in accordance with fund documentation/Regulations
Level of Education :
- Degree or equivalent
Skills and Experience :
- A good understanding of the regulatory framework for Funds (UCITS/Non-UCITS/AIFMD) would be an advantage
- Relevant industry experience (not necessarily within a Trustee/Depositary role)
- Ability to motivate and encourage staff reporting to them to work at optimum levels
- Ability to recognise and target areas for increased efficiencies
- Strong Excel/Word skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Highly computer literate
- Skilled communicator, both verbal and written
- Organised and methodical
- Team player
State Street Corporation (NYSE: STT) is the world's leading provider of financial services to institutional investors including investment servicing, investment management and investment research and trading. With $27.48 trillion in assets under custody and administration and $2.38 trillion in assets under management as ofMarch 31, 2014, State Street operates globallyin more than 100 geographic markets and employs 29,530 worldwide. For more information, visit State Street's website at http://www.statestreet.com/.
Promoting a culture of excellence
With more than 29,530 employees across 29 countries, at State Street, our people are our greatest asset. We recognize that highly skilled, engaged and productive employees are essential to our success. Our company values reflect our commitment to employee engagement, Global Inclusion and corporate social responsibility — to help you build a fulfilling career. Around the world, we aim to be an employer of choice by offering competitive compensation and benefits, personal and professional development opportunities, and a work environment that promotes a diverse array of people, ideas and skills.
We're a company that insists on, and rewards, performance excellence. We know our success hinges on attracting the best people to join us — people like you.
State Street supports flexible work arrangements where determined feasible, consistent with business and operational needs. Subject to an individualized assessment of these considerations, roles may be identified as potentially suited for a flexible work arrangement. Requests for a flexible work arrangement can be made upon hire. All employees at State Street have the ability to request flexible work arrangements, with the final decision based solely on business discretion and subject to management approval. More information is availablehere.
We encourage you to explore the possibilities that a career at State Street can offer you.
State Street is committed to embracing diversity and inclusion in the workplace.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.