UK Reg Change Business Analyst
The position is within the UK Regulatory Reporting team, within Finance and Business Management. The group is a service-orientated business comprised of specialised individuals with knowledge and expertise in understanding, managing and delivering financial information to our regulators. The group is also dedicated to adding value and improving efficiency, quality and controls.
The regulatory finance department is a high profile function, providing financial information to the Prudential Regulation Authority (“PRA”), Financial Conduct Authority (“FCA”), Bank of England and the Office of National Statistics. The reporting team within Regulatory Finance is split into two areas: the Capital Reporting team and the Financial Reporting team.
There is also a specialist team, UK Reg Reporting Change, responsible for leading the UK Reg strategic change agenda including optimisation of operating model and capital usage; system release management and tracking; capital model application/implementation and LE strategy work for UK Reg Reporting.
The UK Regulatory Reporting function is changing rapidly through external mandatory regulatory reporting requirements; greater business engagement internally (including new products and upstream system change) and development of new reporting applications and tools.
The UK Reg Change team is responsible for leading the UK Reg strategic change agenda including optimisation of operating model and capital usage; system release management and tracking; capital model application/implementation and LE strategy work for UK Reg Reporting.
Job Title – UK Reg Change Business Analyst
We are looking for a candidate for the role of Business Analyst to join the ’UK Regulatory Reporting Change’ team. A successful candidate will have the following responsibilities:
- Documentation and delivery of comprehensive, high quality Business Requirements and Functional Specifications for the UK Regulatory platform, including detailed Regulatory Calculations and Reporting Requirements for review and sign off by UK Regulatory Reporting Teams
- Work with the wider UK Regulatory Reporting function to support and address regulation specific queries
- Input into the Operating Model requirements to support the transition to BAU
- Preparing detailed test cases and expected results
- Performance of User Acceptance Testing and implementation plans
- Adherence to a challenging delivery schedule in a fast-paced and fluid environment
- Timely escalation of issues to the Project Manager ensuring robust risk mitigation strategies
- Support the wider agenda of the UK Reg Reporting Change team
- Some experience of business analysis, which brings the full suite of the business analyst skillset (requirement gathering, documentation, problem solving, data analysis, testing)
- Understanding of project management and PMO activities
- Experience delivering projects on schedule
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office – MS Excel , MS Access, Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Visio
- Experienced with both Banking and Trading book products
- A broad understanding of banking and trading products
- Some experience with Regulatory Capital (e.g. CCR, CRR II, Basel , etc.)
- Experience working on regulatory capital projects for the PRA and BoE
- An understanding of key Data Governance and Principals
- UK Regulatory Reporting background, inputting into COREP returns
- Query large datasets using SQL, Python, etc.
- Strong interpersonal and team working skills
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and written - at all levels
- A self-starter, motivated and able to work with minimal supervision
- Demonstrate strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Flexibility to work under pressure to meet changing work requirements and strict deadlines
- Excellent attention to detail and an inquisitive approach to work
J.P. Morgan is a global leader in financial services, providing strategic advice and products to the world’s most prominent corporations, governments, wealthy individuals and institutional investors. Our first-class business in a first-class way approach to serving clients drives everything we do. We strive to build trusted, long-term partnerships to help our clients achieve their business objectives.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
About the Team
The Corporate & Investment Bank is a global leader across investment banking, wholesale payments, markets and securities services. The world’s most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. We provide strategic advice, raise capital, manage risk and extend liquidity in markets around the world.
Global Finance & Business Management works to strategically manage capital, drive growth and efficiencies, maintain financial reporting and proactively manage risk. By providing information, analysis and recommendations to improve results and drive decisions, teams ensure the company can navigate all types of market conditions while protecting our fortress balance sheet.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.