Manager - Corporate Tax Advisory
Whether you’ve just graduated or have years of experience, this is a firm where you can learn and grow.
It’s the PwC experience that stays with you as you build strong networks and make lasting friendships. Be part of a larger team as we work together, drawing on everyone's knowledge and skills to reimagine the possible.
Join PwC today for the experience that stays with you.
Job Description & Summary
A career within Corporate Tax services, will provide you with the opportunity to help our clients meet their tax obligations while managing the impact tax has on their business. You’ll advise clients on their local and overseas tax affairs, while acting as a strategic consultant related to business analysis, managing working capital, and profit sharing for partners. You’ll also help organisations understand the pricing implications of goods and services between related parties, as well as providing advice on tax implications of deals.
Our team helps our clients improve their tax function to control risk and facilitate better decision making. You’ll focus on helping businesses with tax strategy, ensuring tax compliance, increasing post tax profits, and providing application support to achieve the best corporate tax practices.
- Advise clients on their tax concerns arising from their business transactions
- Taking a lead role in managing the client relationship - managing and controlling deliverables and deadlines, handling day to day queries and establishing your role as the trusted/primary point of contact
- Also play an active role in maintaining close client relationships with view of securing more consulting opportunities
- Supporting new business generation including problem solving for business/client specific ideas and solutions.
- Participate in PwC’s product development group which identifies and develops new tax products/services which will potentially add value to client’s businesses by solving their tax problems
- To ensure effective management of staff and processes to achieve high quality of work
- Taking a lead role in the support and development of more junior staff
- Keeping up-to-date with local and international business and economic issues that might potentially impact on clients and / or their industry
To really stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be a purpose-led and values-driven leader at every level. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
As a Manager, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
- Develop new skills outside of comfort zone.
- Act to resolve issues which prevent the team working effectively.
- Coach others, recognise their strengths, and encourage them to take ownership of their personal development.
- Analyse complex ideas or proposals and build a range of meaningful recommendations.
- Use multiple sources of information including broader stakeholder views to develop solutions and recommendations.
- Address sub-standard work or work that does not meet firm's/client's expectations.
- Use data and insights to inform conclusions and support decision-making.
- Develop a point of view on key global trends, and how they impact clients.
- Manage a variety of viewpoints to build consensus and create positive outcomes for all parties.
- Simplify complex messages, highlighting and summarising key points.
- Uphold the firm's code of ethics and business conduct.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field and/or professional qualification
- Strong business technical knowledge with at least6years working experience in tax compliance and consultancy, ideally in a professional services organization
- Excellent client handling and team work skills.
- People management and project management experience.
- A good level of commercial awareness
- Self-motivated and an appetite to support business development efforts to advertise our services and secure new clients.
- Possess good spoken and written skills
Additional application instructions
Please attach following documents along with your CV when you submit an online application:
- Certificates and Transcripts, from SPM (or equivalent) onwards
- A copy of your NRIC or passport
- Recent passport size photo
Up to 20%
Available for Work Visa Sponsorship?
Government Clearance Required?
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.
Candidates must be resident in Malaysia, or have the right to work in Malaysia.