Ideas | People | Trust
We’re BDO. An accountancy and business advisory firm, providing the advice and solutions businesses need to navigate today’s changing world.We’ll broaden your horizons
Our Advisory team provide a wide variety of services that deliver value-led advice and outcomes. They have an in-depth knowledge of business, industry sectors and markets and understand the constantly changing risks and opportunities at the heart of our clients’ affairs. The team work across strategy, operations and improvement as well as at a transactional and defined project level. From technology to risk advisory, they’re experts in following through on top-level instructions and resolving the finer details – all in one straight-forward package. When you join them, you’ll work on some of the world's most exciting financial operations and business deals, building your experience and expertise alongside the brightest minds in the industry.We’ll help you succeed
You’ll be a Senior Manager involved providing specialist support to BDO audit teams regarding fraud related matters as part of a sub-team within our forensic accounting unit. This will include playing an active role in the audit teams’ fraud planning and engagement team discussions around fraud and consideration of fraud risks on an assignment-by-assignment basis. The role will include managing a portfolio of key clients and will report into the forensic accounting partner heading up this specialist support unit. Our specialist support unit sits within the wider Forensic Accounting Unit, and the Senior Manager will also have the opportunity to deliver investigation services directly to our clients. You'll also;
- Manage a portfolio of internal assignments (providing fraud related assistance to audit teams).
- Lead the process of obtaining and reviewing relevant audit evidence in order to identify fraud risks specific to each client and propose appropriate audit testing.
- Participate in group discussions with senior individuals within the audit team and provide challenge to the audit plan, approach and testing regime.
- Review and evaluate fraud investigation work conducted by third parties on fraud issues at audit clients and liaise with the audit partner accordingly.
- Support Partners and Directors on other investigation assignments as needed including:
- lead the investigative process of evidence identification, collation and management;
- assist in interviewing witnesses, suspects and other persons of interest, including production of interview bundles of relevant materials; and
- manage the efficient review of large volumes of documentation and preparation of forensic reports
When you join us, we’ll make your growth our priority. If you can demonstrate the following skills, we can help you go far. We’re looking for someone with:
We’re in it together
- Educated up to degree level or CTS.
- Extensive experience of managing fraud investigations.
- ACA/ACCA/ICAS qualified or overseas equivalent.
- Experience of managing audit assignments.
- Experience of delivering audit and other assurance services to major clients, including listed clients and clients with international interests.
- Knowledge of UK and International auditing standards regarding fraud
- Managing and developing staff, i.e. coordinating staff projects, mentoring, counselling, appraising, recruiting etc.
- Proven experience in managing a wide portfolio of concurrent projects and project teams in a project management framework.
At BDO, we believe that when our people feel valued and rewarded, their potential is unlimited. We offer highly competitive starting salaries and review remuneration packages regularly to ensure that our pay always positively reflects performance. As well offering support with tuition and professional qualifications, we also provide the following benefits, as standard:
- 28 days’ holiday;
- access to a personal pension scheme, with matched employer contributions;
- life assurance cover;
- private medical;
- cash allowance;
- discretionary bonus;
- and income protection insurance
That’s not all. We understand that everyone is different so, we offer a range of voluntary benefits to suit every lifestyle. Our flexible benefits platform, Flexcel, means our people can choose from a range of tax efficient options to design a benefit package that best suits them. Through Flexcel, they can:
We’re looking forward to the future
- buy up to ten days’ extra holiday;
- add on personal accident, dental insurance or travel insurance;
- enrol in our Bike to Work scheme;
- enjoy discounts off dining and gyms;
- receive an interest free season ticket loan or interest free graduate loan;
- take an online health assessment and utilise our employee assistance programme
At BDO, we’re big enough to make the difference and collaborative enough to never lose sight of where we’re going. We know that it’s our people that make our success possible. Across our 17 UK locations, more than 6,000 of them work together to provide tax, audit, assurance and a range of advisory services that help our clients achieve their ambitious goals. Together, they’re fuelling Britain’s economic engine. Behind every complex client challenge and every untapped innovation, they’re there: ensuring we continue to find the right combination of global reach, integrity and expertise. That’s why we’re always looking for ways to invest in our people. That means providing them with an environment where they can grow, learn, laugh and feel respected, at all times.Are you ready to join them?Our Agency PolicyBDO has a commitment to building relationships directly with candidates (and agencies) in our local markets and as such, we do not accept speculative CVs from agencies. We work closely with our preferred suppliers to support us in sourcing quality candidates but we only pay agency fees where we have a signed agreement in place and an agency has been instructed by a member of the BDO Resourcing team. We do not pay agency fees where speculative and unsolicited CVs are submitted to BDO by any means other than through our recruitment portal. For any CVs which are submitted without instruction from the BDO Resourcing team, BDO reserves the right to contact and work directly with these candidates without payment of any agency fee.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.