Manager - Business Tax (JB Office)
What impact will you make?
At Deloitte, we offer a unique and exceptional career experience to inspire and empower talents like you to make an impact that matters for our clients, people and community. Whatever your aspirations, Deloitte offers you a highly inclusive, collaborative workplace and unrivalled opportunities to realize your full potential. We are always looking for people with the relentless energy to push themselves further, and to find new avenues and unique ways to reach our shared goals.
So what are you waiting for? Join the winning team now.
Work you’ll do
- Provide tax compliance and advisory services to clients in various industries, including application of tax incentives and licenses, etc.
- Prepare and/or review tax returns as well as conduct the following tasks - compliance and reporting, tax management and risk, as well as control assessment
- Conduct research and consult with team members on various tax matters
- Work closely with clients and liaise with various government agencies e.g. Inland Revenue Board, Ministry of Finance and other government agencies
Your role as a leader
At Deloitte, we believe in the importance of empowering our people to be leaders at all levels. We expect our people to embrace and live our purpose and shared values, challenging themselves everyday to identify issues that are most important to our clients, our people and the communities, and to make an impact that matters. In addition to living our purpose, Managers across our Firm are expected to:
- Understand the goals of our clients and Deloitte, align our people to these objectives by setting clear priorities and direction.
- Influence clients, teams, and individuals positively. Lead by example and provide equal opportunity for people to grow, develop and succeed.
- Establish positive relationship with senior stakeholders.
- Delivers exceptional client service. Maximizes results and drives high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and geographies.
- Manage diverse teams within a highly inclusive team culture where people are respected and valued for their contribution.
- Develop high-performing teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities and recognize them for the impact that they make.
Education and Qualification:
- Possess minimum a Bachelor Degree in related disciplines such as Accounting/Economics/Tax or Professional Qualification (ACCA/MIA/MICPA) with at least 5-6 years working experience preferably in professional services firm
- Strong proficiency in both written and spoken English and Bahasa Malaysia
- Possess good organizational skills and able to prioritize work to meet tight deadlines
- A strong team player and willing to share responsibilities as a team
- Possess a pleasant personality and willing to learn attitude e.g. participate in career development and training processes
- Possess good working knowledge of Microsoft office Word, Excel, Powerpoint, etc
Due to volume of applications, we regret only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.
Candidates must be resident in Malaysia, or have the right to work in Malaysia.