Internal Audit Manager
Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire, United Kingdom
Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk, United Kingdom
Cambridge, Cambridgeshire, United Kingdom
Chelmsford, Essex, United Kingdom
Leicester, Leicestershire, United Kingdom
Due to the continued success of RSM’s internal audit and controls function within Risk Assurance Services we are looking for an experienced Manager to take the next step in their career. This is a fantastic opportunity to gain exposure to high profile organisations, working directly with Directors and Partners, and in proactively supporting the continued development and growth of RSM’s profile.
Overall Job Purpose
Working directly alongside Partners and Directors within the team you will be responsible for the delivery of internal audit, controls assurance, and advisory services to a range of listed and privately owned organisations. Whilst seeking to establish a portfolio of work within a region, the role will necessitate travel across the UK and possibly overseas.
- Responsible for developing and maintaining relationships with senior individuals within the businesses that we work with.
- Managing a portfolio of clients and range of assignments along with delivering key aspects of internal audit and controls engagements.
- Supporting our clients through the delivery of advisory as well as assurance control-based services which will provide you with the opportunity to be involved in a variety of different projects.
- Supporting the Partners and Directors in key business development activities for new work including targeting, writing proposals, presentations and thought leadership.
- Professionally qualified (ACA, ACCA, IIA).
- Willingness to travel and stay overnight (circa 50%, predominately UK with some overseas travel).
- Experience working with large, complex, listed and privately owned organisations.
- The ability to execute audits in accordance with IIA standards.
- Ability to execute controls documentation and testing in accordance with SOX, audit, and service organisation controls reporting standards.
- The ability to proactively manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- A pro-active ‘can-do’ attitude.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Experienced in one or a number of the following sectors: retail, real estate and construction, manufacturing, travel and leisure, professional services.
- Exposure to implementing and maintaining risk management frameworks.
- Experience in managing / delivering SOX programmes.
- Experience in undertaking third party AAF 01/06 / ISAE3402 audits.
- Data analytics and superior Excel skills.
- Staff management and development experience.
Note: This job description reflects the present requirements of the role. As duties and responsibilities change, the job description will be reviewed and will be subject to amendment in consultation with the individual.
At RSM we work hard to create an environment where our people can make a difference - to themselves, their career, their teams, and to the success of our firm and clients. We support all our people to work flexibly, to manage their family and other responsibilities alongside their work commitments; we believe this is key to achieving an inspiring and fulfilling working environment.
Diversity and Inclusion at RSM
At RSM, inclusion and diversity are central to our values. We have an authentic focus on intentional inclusion, enabling our people to feel they can bring their whole self to work and ensuring everyone feels supported, respected and confident to make a valuable contribution.
To find out more, please visit our Diversity and Inclusion page on our Careers Website.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.