EMEA Finance COO Team - Associate/AVP
- Work in the Finance department of one of the world’s top tier Financial Institutions and gain first-hand insight into the business.
- A competitive salary.
- Open minded and welcoming environment, where your ideas are taken seriously.
- Continued professional development based on your career interests.
- The ability to grow and shape your own career
The EMEA Finance COO team’s primary focus is to support the EMEA Chief Financial Officer (CFO), with responsibility for:
- Reporting: Internal and external governance, reporting to regulators as well as to Firm Management.
- Operational efficiency: Management of projects supporting EMEA Finance initiatives and deliverables, optimising the EMEA Finance cost base.
- Recruitment and retention: Oversight of all EMEA Finance recruitment and on boarding; mentoring, training and internal mobility.
- Communications and engagement: Internal communications, employee engagement, diversity, volunteering and event management.
- Logistics: Office management, workplace strategy, space planning, health and safety.
- Risk: Overview of people, conduct and outsourcing risk as relates to EMEA Finance.
- Reporting: Assist with production of wide range of documentation that directly supports both internal and regulatory governance across EMEA Finance (including reports for Firm Management, the EMEA Risk Committee and the PRA). Analyse, review and challenge data from different sources to ensure accuracy of reports. Assist with preparing ad-hoc presentations as and when required for the EMEA CFO.
- Risk: Support EMEA Finance COO with the annual Conduct Risk Assessment (CRA) by analysing data from various systems and teams to help management focus on the potential issues and problem areas.
- Governance: Maintain strong governance and oversight of the required documentation to support the EMEA CFO’s compliance with the Senior Manager Certification Regime (SMCR), by liaising with senior management to ensure all documents are accurate and up to date on the SMCR share point.
- Recruitment & mobility: Liaise with HR and hiring managers for timely and accurate reporting of open roles.
The Finance Department reports to the Chief Financial Officer and consists of some 3,000 employees worldwide. Finance protects the Morgan Stanley franchise by serving as guardian of the Firm’s books and records and by contributing to Firm wide risk management and risk reduction. This division maintains relationships with Morgan Stanley’s various industry and government regulators and also serves as the conduit of financial information to the outside investment community. Finance plays a critical role as advisor to Morgan Stanley’s various businesses and its senior management team.
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. Morgan Stanley provides a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, achieve and grow.
Interested in flexible working opportunities? Morgan Stanley empowers employees to have greater freedom of choice through flexible working arrangements. Speak to our recruitment team to find out more.
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work with cross-functional teams and report to senior management
- Attention to detail with strong organizational and analytical skills
- Proactive and able to work effectively on multiple projects under tight deadlines
- Team player with willingness to adapt to new challenges in a dynamic environment with shifting priorities
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and SharePoint
- Accounting or similar Finance Qualification desirable
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.