At Sedulo we are building a world class team to deliver our mission to make positive change in the communities we work in. We do this by:
- Working with our clients to transform their business and personal finances
- Connecting and contributing to the business community in the cities we are located in
- Working with charities by fundraising and influencing change both now and in the future through the Sedulo Foundation
- Being a great place to work and develop your career
We offer a full range of services from the inception of the business concept, throughout growth of the entity and on to exit strategies. There is no typical clientele; we work with start-ups through to multinational, listed companies.
Sedulo is based in Manchester (Head Office), Leeds, London and Liverpool with ambitions to grow further. The London practice opened in 2018 and since then has grown rapidly, boasting an exciting client base made up of well known media personalities and actors, cutting edge restaurants, arts organisations, political parties, museums and many more.
We are looking for a strong manager with a practice background, which includes management of a portfolio of clients with multiple business interests and investments. As this role will primarily involve management of high profile/household name sportspeople, musicians and actors we are looking for an outgoing and confident management accountant with experience of producing, simplifying and clearly communicating complex financial information.
The successful applicant will have the autonomy to shape their own career within a tight-knit, non-traditional, start-up type environment, but with the support and guidance of the wider High Growth and Compliance teams of a top 50 firm.
- Prepare regular and detailed management accounts packs, drawing on support from technical leads across the organisation as and when required, including the wealth management team
- Act as a primary point of contact for a small portfolio of key clients, providing a responsive and world-class service – sometimes out of regular working hours.
- Attend and coordinate client meetings, building excellent working relationships and actively highlighting any cross-selling opportunities for the wider Sedulo group
- Assist with the development and co-ordination of our private client department, liaising with the wider Sedulo Group
- Assist with the development of our private client reporting across the wider Sedulo Group
- Oversee the management and development of accounts trainees through effective supervision and training and mentoring.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required
- Qualified in either ACCA, ACA or CIMA or be QBE with substantial experience within a practice environment where main duties have related to management accounts with some experience of statutory accounts preparation under FRS102
- Experience of preparing and reviewing complex financial reporting packs
- Up to date experience of accounting and reporting software, including app stacks
- A genuine interest in a highly client focused role and willingness to make a positive contribution
- Strong leadership skills and a strong desire to coach and develop team members
- Flexible and proactive approach to work and the ability to work under pressure
What we offer
- A company mantra of having fun together, getting results together and giving back together
- A bespoke training and development plan with the opportunity to expand and diversify your skills
- 26 days holiday, company pension scheme, health care plan, cycle to work scheme, death in service benefits and access to our in house Wealth Planning and Mortgage departments
- Smart working and agile working hours including the ability to work remotely for up to 20% of your contracted time
- Ability to work away from home remotely for up to 4 weeks per year, great for extending a trip to see family or making the most of warmer climates
- All expenses paid annual social trip overseas