UK Employment Tax Manager
ProTalent are currently working with a brilliant Top 10 Accountancy firm, with a network of offices across the UK, looking to recruit a UK Employment Tax Manager for their Bromley Practice.
- Well established accountancy firm employing in excess of 3000 staff across the UK.
- Impressive client bases from a wide range of industries
- Offer a full range of business advisory and accounting services.
- Offer their staff brilliant & fulfilling careers
- Offers flexible working
- Dealing with all employment taxes matters arising on clients, both advisory and compliance.
- Handling issues pertaining, but not limited to, P11D, PSA, termination payments, IR35 and employment status, PAYE/NIC risk reviews, disclosures, HMRC enquiries, and CIS etc.
- Managing Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme ('CJRS') reviews.
- Delivering employment tax projects and assignments in accordance with the firm's standard procedures and quality standards.
- Building relationships with clients and identify tax planning opportunities, undertaking specialist technical assignments as required.
- Managing, supervising, supporting, and developing junior colleagues within the team. This will involve briefing on assignment instructions, supervising and controlling the completion of work, as well as providing "on the job" training and appraisal feedback where necessary.
- Supporting the team with the successful delivery of internal and external presentations such as client seminars on topical employer issues.
- Researching and preparing proposals for new work, and taking part in formal presentations to prospective clients.
- Ensuring that appropriate liaison takes place with all other departments, and that all potential client needs are identified and serviced accordingly.
- Maintaining technical knowledge through appropriate reading and courses, and fulfilling professional bodies' CPD requirements
- Would be CTA qualified, but would consider applicants who are ATT / ACA qualified with Tax experience.
- Qualified to Degree level.
- Have solid UK employment tax experience and effective team leadership skills
- Excellent organisational skills
- Have the confidence to speak to clients either face to face or on the telephone.
- Project management experience, with the ability to ensure deadlines are met.
- Staff supervision experience and ability to train more junior team members.