We are a UK based professional accountancy outsourcing business with an operational office in Islamabad.
We are looking for a high calibre Operations Manager to join our team and lead the operations of our office in Islamabad.
This role is suited to someone qualified as a Chartered Accountant (CA, ACA, ACCA) with previous experience of managing and leading a team of Accountants and experience of working with UK based clients.
Based in Islamabad, you will be responsible for ensuring smooth running of the day-to-day operations of the business, including but not limited to, administrative, IT, HR and recruitment as well as, client relationship management.
Your working hours will be 12pm – 8:00pm Pakistan time.
The successful candidate will report to the Directors of the business, must demonstrate exceptional ability and gravitas to undertake the following responsibilities:
- Ensure the smooth running of the day-today operations of the business
- Promoting a positive culture within the team and striving for excellence in all aspects of our work
- Develop, implement, and review operational policies and procedures
- Ensure all legal and regulatory documents are filed and monitor compliance with laws and regulations
- Identify and address problems and opportunities for the company
- Facilitate communication between the operational team and management team
HR recruitment and management
- Lead the HR recruitment, onboarding and training of new staff members
- Manage and lead a team of accounting professionals
- Overseeing and assigning work to the team and ensuring the work being produced is to a high professional standard
- Ensuring the team is motivated to provide excellent customer service by engaging team through various activities
- Exceptional project management skills coupled with excellent client management and Communication skills
- Ensure clients are kept adequately informed on all important matters and to ensure regular touch points are established to receive constant feedback for further improvement
Qualifications and Experience
- CA/ACA/ACCA Qualified - essential
- Bachelors Degree or higher - desirable
- Strong command of English language (spoken and written) - essential
- 5+ years UK based accounting firm experience - essential
- 2+ years of practice/operational management experience - desirable
- Proficient at building rapport and ability handle all types of clients
- Recruitment and performance management experience - desirable
- Good knowledge of UK corporation tax, income tax and VAT and the impact on accounts and client’s overall affairs
- Good knowledge of the statutory and technical aspects concerning a set of UK limited company accounts
- Good knowledge of main accounting systems in the market place (eg Xero, Quickbooks. Sage etc)
- Ability to work to deadlines and to be flexible as regards the hours and assignments worked
- Ability to communicate openly and build up excellent relationships with clients
- Excellent command of the English language (written and verbal)
- Having a ‘can do’ attitude.
- Displays a positive and motivated outlook
- Excellent communication and organisation skills
- Performs well under pressure
- Seen as confident and self-assured
To apply for this position please ensure you:
- Complete the Application process on SmartRecruiter job portal (link below)
- Upload your CV
- Include a Covering Letter to the Hiring Manager stating your experience and how you meet the job specification.
PLEASE NOTE: Applications without a covering letter will NOT be considered.