Service Charge Finance Assistant (Hybrid)
The Service Charge Finance Assistant will join a team of six reporting into the Rent and Service Charge Accountant. Working alongside the Rent and Service Charge Accountant, the role will assist in the financial management of the service charge revenues and costs. You will assist in the calculation of all service charges.
The vacancy is with a leading housing association who has operated in London for over 150 years.
The Service Charge Finance Assistant is responsible for:
- Providing comprehensive financial information and reporting with commentary for service charge activities on a monthly basis.
- Prepare reconciliations on a timely basis including the reconciliation between the rent debit and the budget on a weekly basis
- Identify and prepare journals to correct for misposting of invoices, accounting adjustments and other ad-hoc journals.
- Prepare service charge calculations
- Assist in the annual rent and service charge budget setting process
- Monitor the input of all service charge invoices into the accounting system
- Analyse system data to ensure that correct costs are reflected against properties
The Successful Service Charge Finance Assistant:
- Proven experience of processing high volume financial transactions on a computerised Finance system in an accurate, efficient and timely manner.
- Excellent computer, financial systems and analytical skills including advance Excel, and financial reporting tools
- Proven experience of maintaining and enhancing a strong set of financial controls, reconciling accounts and preparing financial statements.
- Social housing rent and service charge experience and knowledge of rent regulation, service charges and tenancy legislation.
- Part Qualified or Equivalent
- Opportunity to get involved in a large Service Charge team and assist in a fascinating and exciting process implementation project.
- Temporary job with the possibility of going Permanent
- Up to £20ph