Decision Support Costs Manager
The Finance & Accounting Division is made up of a number of core finance teams both at business unit and Group level. We perform a key management and control function in ensuring all Group financial and management reporting processes are appropriately governed. The Finance Division has overall responsibility for driving the Group budgeting and forecasting process, developing Group-focused financial insight and analysis and delivering the Group's statutory, regulatory and external reporting. We do this through collaborative business partnering in each of the Divisions and with centralised Finance shared / specialist services.
Description of business unit
The Group Planning and Commercial Decisioning team comprises of the planning team, the income commercial decisioning team as well as the financial management reporting team. These teams work on a collaborative basis to ensure that senior management are informed on business performance, have up to date forecast and financial plans that provide insights to inform decision making.
Key deliverables include the ICAAP, EBA Stress Test, quarterly forecasts, monthly Group Financial Reporting (Insight & analysis) and support for key Group projects.
Purpose of the Role
The Decision Support Costs Manager will help set the costs budgets and forecasts for ROI divisions (particularly GTCS) and bring value to ROI business performance through excellent financial analysis.
- Assist in the coordination, delivery and presentation of the costs budgeting and forecasting processes for the ROI business divisions (with a focus on GTCS).
- Support the commercial partners in driving high quality financial decision making in the respective businesses.
- Assist in providing financial analysis and scenario analysis for any ad-hoc business queries that arise.
- Work collaboratively across Commercial Partnering Ireland, Fit for the Future, ROI businesses and Group Finance.
- Help create a culture which promotes inclusion and diversity, customer focus, accountability, agility and one team
What is the opportunity
This role will assist in preparing the cost budgets and forecasts for the ROI businesses (with a focus on GTCS). It will support superior business performance through high quality financial analysis of business cases, looking for opportunities to add value and drive efficiency in the respective ROI businesses.
Working at Bank of Ireland doesn't have to mean working in an office to have an impact. Our dedication to enabling colleagues to thrive means that depending on role type you can have choice and flexibility in where you work and live, subject to your role, customer needs and our requirements. We have a hybrid working model, with home, agile hub and office based options available. We will always list a primary location which can be where you go for in person collaboration, and a location where you can best perform your role.
Please note you must live in the jurisdiction for the business to which you are contracted. This job can be done anywhere in ROI. The primary office location is Dublin, to which occasional travel will be required, exact frequency to be agreed with manager.
- Qualified accountant or experience gained within a relevant business environment
Essential Skills & Experience
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team
- Great stakeholder management
- Demonstrated experience of delivery to tight reporting deadlines with a keen attention to detail.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office, particularly in Excel
- Efficient planning and organisational skills.
- Experience of driving for change, with the initiative and courage to challenge the status quo.
- Knowledge of economics, accounting and banking sector
- Proven capacity to meet challenging targets
- Accountable - Self
- One Group, one team - Self
- Customer Focused - Self
- Agile - Self
- Champion Transformation - Self
Bank of Ireland Group is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to fostering an inclusive workplace which values and benefits from the diversity of our workforce.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.