Manager Business Partnering
About the Team
The Financial Services division, led by the Group CFO, partners with all areas of the Commonwealth Bank to provide financial control and specialist advice on financial management and strategy. This advice covers finance, audit, treasury, investor relations, security and property.
Technology & Operations Finance is responsible for the provision of financial control and management services to the Technology & Chief Operations Office divisions.
We work closely with our stakeholders to help them understand their technology and operations costs and delivercurrent and future strategic and financial plans.
Technology & Operations Finance’s mission is to “influence strategic outcomes through transparent insights and passionate people”.
See yourself in our team
Your team forms part of the wider T&O Finance Team of approximately 90 people and provides business partnering and financial management services to Enterprise Services and Business Unit CIOs.
Your team’s primary role is to:
- Provide insights, analysis and advice in relation to past and future financial performance
- Provide robust financial control and effective management reporting
- Provide decision support and reporting for T&O strategic initiatives and investment programs
- Develop and deliver meaningful insights to drive better business outcomes, including cost optimisation and simplification
Key duties will include:
This role is responsible for assisting the Senior Manager to provide financial support to T&O Finance and the T&O business, including:
- Monthly management reporting, variance analysis and commentary for T&O business area/s
- Maintenance of rigorous financial control, including balance sheet reconciliations
- T&O Business stakeholder management
- Driver based annual budget and quarterly forecasts
- Involvement in ad-hoc financial analysis and broader insights to drive tangible value
- Identification and implementation of ongoing process improvements
We're interested in hearing from people who have
- CA/CPA/CFA qualified with up to 3+ years post qualification experience;
- Commercial finance experience, ideally within a large corporate in Financial Services partnering with technology or telecommunications
- Strong accounting and financial, Business Partnering experience;
- Strong financial modelling and analytical skills
- Risk Mindset –All CommBank employees are expected to proactively identify and understand, openly discuss and act on current and future risks;
- Ability to create impactful material to assist in driving business outcomes and enhanced cost transparency
- Background in preparing and presenting monthly financial results and analysis for both BAU and investment spend.
- Strong base knowledge and experience of fundamental finance principles, processes and financial control, including:
- Journal review
- General ledger and P&L analysis and review
- Balance sheet analysis, reconciliation and substantiation
- Process improvement, standardization and simplification
In Financial Services we take a proactive approach to your career development. Your on-going development would be part of an integrated development plan. If you live the values and demonstrate the people capabilities we can offer great opportunities.
Whether you want to move across the organisation or up into a leadership role, the way you live the values and demonstrate the people capabilities are key. Use the capabilities required for this role as a guide to the critical skills and behaviours you need for your next move.
If you would like to hear more about this role please Apply.
The health and safety of our people, customersand communities is our number one priority.This means that we require all of our employeesto be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Pleasespeak to us if you have any questions about thisbased on your individual circumstances.
If you're already part of the Commonwealth Bank Group (including Bankwest), you'll need to apply through Sidekick to submit a valid application. We’re keen to support you with the next step in your career.
We're aware of some accessibility issues on this site, particularly for screen reader users. We want to make finding your dream job as easy as possible, so if you require additional support please contact HR Direct on 1800 989 696.
Advertising End Date: 02/06/2022.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.