Senior Manager Business Performance
About the Team
The Financial Services division, led by the Group CFO, partners with all areas of the Commonwealth Bank to provide financial control and specialist advice on financial management and strategy. This advice covers finance, audit, treasury, investor relations, security and property.
Technology delivers the Group’s information technology and banking operations functions to ensure the highest levels of customer service through world-class process excellence and technology innovation.
Technology & Operations (Tech & Ops) Finance is responsible for the provision of financial control and management services to the Technology division and the Chief Operations Office.
We work closely with our stakeholders to help them understand their technology and operations costs and deliver current and future strategic and financial plans.
Tech & Ops Finance’s mission is to “influence strategic outcomes through transparent insights and passionate people”.
See yourself in the team
This role is responsible for assisting the Executive Manager to provide financial and support to Global Technology Services (GTS). GTS provides group-wide technology services encompassing Technology Infrastructure, Cloud Computing, Data Centres, Networks, End User Computing, Service Operations, Enterprise Tooling and is driving key Technology Transformation programs.
Key duties will include:
- Business Partner for 4 Technology EGM areas: Strategy & Performance, CIO Technology, Chief Controls Office and CBA India
- Lead monthly reporting, financial reporting, planning and forecasting processes
- Deliver clear & concise MI
- Provide insightful analysis of financials and strong understanding of key business drivers
- Build strong & effective business relationship with key stakeholders through provision of superior financial management, commercial and decision support
- Drive process improvement culture with focus on simplifying processes
- Risk focus: identify and escalate issues to ensure appropriate risk management and financial control practices are in place
- Constructively challenge team and stakeholders as and when required
- Lead team to high level of delivery, prioritise and manage team workload
- Ability to attract, retain and develop talent with support from Executive Manager
We’re interested in hearing from people who have
- CA or CPA qualified (or equivalent) with around 5yrs post qualification experience
- Commercial finance experience ideally from major bank or large corporate
- Technology Sector experience highly valued
- Excellent communicator (verbal & written) with ability to interact effectively with senior management and manage senior stakeholder
- Commercial acumen, able to understand and articulate the bigger picture and link back to financials
- Ability to shape and drive resolution of issues, track record of delivery and driving outcomes
- Strong interpersonal skills, great proactive and collaborative attitude
- Strong people leader, ability to build a strong team culture, develop team capability, prioritise & manage workload, elevate team performance
In Financial Services we take a proactive approach to your career development. Your on-going development would be part of an integrated development plan. If you live the values and demonstrate the people capabilities we can offer great opportunities.
Whether you want to move across the organisation or up into a leadership role, the way you live the values and demonstrate the people capabilities are key. Use the capabilities required for this role as a guide to the critical skills and behaviours you need for your next move.
If you would like to hear more about this role please Apply.
If you're already part of the Commonwealth Bank Group (including Bankwest), you'll need to apply through Sidekick to submit a valid application. We’re keen to support you with the next step in your career.
We're aware of some accessibility issues on this site, particularly for screen reader users. We want to make finding your dream job as easy as possible, so if you require additional support please contact HR Direct on 1800 989 696.
Advertising End Date: 01/06/2022
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.