As an Investment Associate, you will work with portfolio managers within client service teams to consistently deliver a high level of proactive client service and support.
They are expected to understand and support their PM’s daily workflow.
This includes analyzing investment themes and issues to communicate effectively with clients and internal partners, tracking trade activity from execution to settlement, researching and resolving account/operational investment discrepancies, analyzing and insuring accuracy of investment performance results, proofing and coordinating presentation materials used in meetings with high net worth clients.
This position is critical to the confidence that our clients have in our abilities to manage their finances and the appropriate person will understand the importance of accuracy and timeliness.
The key responsibilities of the role include:
- Monitor and take ownership of all compliance related duties and follow-up procedures, including consulting with PMs on deficiencies and communicating with clients to eliminate exceptions.
- Participate in client meetings with the PM and other members of the client service team. Duties range from insuring our records are complete for compliance purposes to providing equity and fixed income research needed for discussion with clients to inform them of investment decisions and transactions in their accounts.
- Monitor daily all current and outstanding capital structure offers, and ensure that capital structure decision deadlines are met.
- Communicate information on current offers, relevant research recommendations and any other related information to PMs.
- Coordinate preparation of asset allocation analyses and presentation materials for existing and prospective clients.
- Monitor PMs’ desks in their absence. Distribute investment research and portfolio construction information when and where appropriate. Read, understand and abide by the PFS PM Guidelines.
- Work diligently toward mitigating losses due to error, and be mindful of possible contingencies.
- Work on special projects as assigned.
- Assist in the preparation of materials for client meetings to insure the information is accurately and logically presented. Investment Associates work with multiple family relationships. Strong organizational skills are essential to understand each family’s particular circumstances. Obtain written client approvals for Investment Objective forms, trade confirmations, no investment-responsibility letters and any other account-related documentation.
Qualifications - External
- Investment Associates should have a broad understanding of financial markets. Knowledge of investment products, services, and terminology, usually obtained through on the job training or prior experience, are needed. Analytical and organizational skills are needed to meet deadlines and solve client or administrative problems.
- Candidates should have 1-3 years of investment and personal trust client servicing experience. Undergraduate degree in business, finance, economics or equivalent relevant work experience is highly preferred.
- Analytical and organizational skills are needed to meet deadlines and solve client or administrative problems. Excellent technical skills, including advanced Excel skills are required as well as Powerpoint. A passion for the investment business and excellent communication skills.
- Preference toward candidates pursuing a CFA.
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With more than 130 years of financial experience and over 20,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
As a Northern Trust partner, you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve!
We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of America’s best banks and most sustainable companies! Build your career with us and apply today.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.